Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
6 hp kicker suzuki - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 05-09-2012, 08:52 AM
Wallhanger

Default 6 hp kicker suzuki

I'm wanting to buy a small kicker for my 17 ft boat. I had a 6hp merc and hated it as it was so loud and very ruff running. I know I should get a twin cyc but I want it to be light so I can take it off easy as I won't be using it tons. Any way I was looking to see if any one had any use of the suzuki 6hp model. I was watching some you tube videos on it and it seems pretty quite and smooth for a single cyc. Let me know if youhave one and your thoughts on it. The pro kicker would be nice but not in the budget.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Wallhanger

I don't know about that motor specifically, but I haven't heard many complaints about the small Suzukis. I have a Johnson 9.9 (it's a Johson branded Suzuki) and it is a great motor. I think a single cylinder is going to run rough regarless. I think you need to decide which you can live with; a rough running 1 cyl. or a heavier 2 cyl. Yamaha's 6 hp motors were 2 cyl. until a couple of years ago. If you could find one of those used or NOS, that might be the ticket.
Old 05-19-2012, 05:52 PM
Minnow

I have a 2002 starcraft superfisherman 176 with a 6 hp suzuki kicker. It is a 2007/2008 model that I bought new last year. It has the internal tank and can be run off a fuel tank also. It pushes the boat good and is very quiet. I do strap it in the up position to keep it from bouncing when running the big motor. The mounting bracket and tilt a pretty light duty.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Wallhanger

I have an 8hp tohatsu that is super light... I want to say about 60lbs... that is a 2 cylinder. Runs good but I am going to sell it to buy one with electric tilt and trim.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:47 PM
Minnow

I have the 6 horse evinrude and have many many hours on it. Never had a problem with it and runs like a top.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Walleye Message Central forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.