Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video
Red Lake Fly Out's - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 01-26-2001, 12:31 PM
Jay

Default Red Lake Fly Out's

What is the Northern most fly out that I can get to from Red Lake? I am looking for water that has virtually no fishing pressure and don't care if it is a lodge or an outpost. Any help is appreciated, thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2001, 09:12 AM
Mark Thomas

Default RE: Red Lake Fly Out's

Why not try Saskatchewan, Canada for trophy fishing. There is none better! Trophy Pike average 4-18 lbs, 20+lbers common. Lake Trout and walleye also available. mark@4bigfish.com
Old 01-29-2001, 05:50 AM
Jay

Mark
Thanks for the feedback on Sask. however my goal is to fish Ontario due to the cost effectiveness that it provides. Just as a side note, I know of places that rival Sask for pike and walleye fishing (not lakers) in Ontario but wanted to solicit the experts on this board for their knowledge nontheless. So again I will ask, what is the northern most facility that I can get to flying out of Red Lake?
Old 01-30-2001, 08:30 PM
lobo

Jay,
I have been with an outfit out of Pickle Lake a couple times that flies quite far north 150 miles+. He puts together camps and books for various groups of northern ontario natives. Every year or two he opens a new camp on "new" waters. Of course these waters have seen trappers and have been used by the locals but for the most part they are virgin waters. Anyhow, I have been twice (including last year) to two differant camps and all I can say is that it was outstanding - in every way (unless you can't cook your own meals - SOL).
Most of the lengthy flights require a group of 6 or atleast pay for 6. This is the reason I did not book again this year; It's difficult for me to get 6 guys. He does offer some great trips for 4 guys. I thought I would try this Waynorth camp I have been hearing about.

Email me if you want his info. He runs a top notch outfit but I am not into advertising or slamming on the board.

lobo
Old 02-01-2001, 08:49 PM
MONSTER PIKE

TRY SPORTSMANS LODGE THEY HAVE OUTPOSTS ON THE MANITOBA/ONTARIO BORDER 150 AIR MILES NORTH OF RED LAKE.I WENT TO WARRINGTON LAKE(OUTPOST)BIG NORTHERN ONLY 6-12 FISHERMEN PER WEEK HOPE THIS HELPS LATER GET THE NET?