Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Triton 186 Allure boat questions? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-19-2017, 01:19 PM
Keeper

Default Triton 186 Allure boat questions?

I went to the Boat Show a couple weeks ago and was really impressed with the 186 Allure great fit and finish good lay out and super good pricing. My question is does someone have first hand experience on how this boat handles big water and big waves. I know the 20'6" is know to be great in big water but I just can't afford the big bump in price. I'm told this is a fairly new hull and is actually produced in the Ranger factory, looks pretty similar to a Ranger Reiata 1860.
Thanks for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2017, 06:15 PM
Wallhanger

All Triton Production was moved to the Nitro Tracker fiberglass plant in Missouri. It's actually a older design that is a Old Champion Fish Hunter Mold. The people
That have bought them the last 2 years seem to like them. Quality is nothing like the Ranger Reata, Yar Craft 186, or Skeeter even. If you research the "Triton move" you'll
Read the press release. Now that Tracker owns Ranger and the group you'll see some
Changes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-19-2017, 07:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
All Triton Production was moved to the Nitro Tracker fiberglass plant in Missouri. It's actually a older design that is a Old Champion Fish Hunter Mold. The people
That have bought them the last 2 years seem to like them. Quality is nothing like the Ranger Reata, Yar Craft 186, or Skeeter even. If you research the "Triton move" you'll
Read the press release. Now that Tracker owns Ranger and the group you'll see some
Changes

My 206 is currently scheduled to go on line in Flippin, Arkansas ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbreth View Post
My 206 is currently scheduled to go on line in Flippin, Arkansas ...
Mine was built in ark as well last spring
Old 03-20-2017, 06:42 AM
Wallhanger

It's no Secret that they moved Production about a Month ago

Old 03-20-2017, 06:43 AM
Keeper

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/featur...nd-earl-bentz/

I hope I posted this link properly.

When at the Boat Show I talked to Earl Bentz personally. He stated they are produced in Flippen, Ark by and on the same line that produces Ranger boats. The fit and finish sure look as good as the Rangers. My dealer also stated the Allure is a from ground up newly designed hull ( I think he said 3 years ago) I have also talked to people who have drove a 206 Allure who were extremely happy with the big water ride of the 206.

I can't afford a 206 so I'm considering the 189 but I do fish Rainy Lake three weeks a year and would like first hand knowledge of how the 189 handles 3 footers plus.

thanks you everyone for your imput.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:05 AM
Wallhanger

That article you linked to is from 2010. A LOT has changed since then, just so you're aware.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:20 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakerides View Post
http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/featur...nd-earl-bentz/

I hope I posted this link properly.

When at the Boat Show I talked to Earl Bentz personally. He stated they are produced in Flippen, Ark by and on the same line that produces Ranger boats. The fit and finish sure look as good as the Rangers. My dealer also stated the Allure is a from ground up newly designed hull ( I think he said 3 years ago) I have also talked to people who have drove a 206 Allure who were extremely happy with the big water ride of the 206.

I can't afford a 206 so I'm considering the 189 but I do fish Rainy Lake three weeks a year and would like first hand knowledge of how the 189 handles 3 footers plus.

thanks you everyone for your imput.
206 Allure/Fishunter is a newer triton design, true but the 186 Allure/Fishunter is the old Champion hull. Dealer did not like too see these photos which prove it. Taken from Tritons original new model press release photos. Top cap has been since updated but still the same hull. Look closely and you can see they are the same boat right down to the original consoles. And the link to where Tritons are made is from 2010. The last thing Ranger/Triton are going to admit is that any of their boats are made in the Tracker/Nitro plant. Gee, I wonder why? Do a search on the Champ hull ride as that's what you will get with the Triton 186's
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	63.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	248898   Click image for larger version

Name:	114106_p_t_640x480_image03.jpg
Views:	333
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	248906   Click image for larger version

Name:	featureImage_400_.jpg
Views:	277
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	248914  

Last edited by rks; 03-20-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:42 AM
Keeper

I have a buddy with a 186 Allure and he fishes a ton of walleye tournaments on Lake Winnebago every year. It can handle the big water. I have personally fished out of it and it was great. Huge dance floor in the back.
Old 03-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Keeper

Thanks everyone for your replies, all the ownership changes in boat manufactures sure makes buying a boat these days complicated.