Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Suel Houseboat Rental?? - Page 12 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-19-2017, 10:04 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmanric View Post
Oh my and what does dry moose poop look like?
Somewhere between the size of a golf ball and a tennis ball....in brown.

PjShorthorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2017, 09:29 AM
Keeper

Super sized rabbit turds. Maybe I can have the kids look for some. Big Question, What should I be looking for in the first week in July. How about smallies and perch?
Old 03-26-2017, 08:25 AM
Keeper

Is that a camp I see in Wesly Bay? It's amazing what you can see with Google Earth.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:01 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Is that a camp I see in Wesly Bay? It's amazing what you can see with Google Earth.

Rick,

There is a road that drops straight south from Twain Lake to Wesley Bay. The road goes around the SW corner of Wesley Bay and ends at the SE corner of the bay. It is quite possible that their is a private camp of some sort at this point on Wesley Bay,but my guess is that it may be an old logging camp area or still active. My old map of the NE section of Lac Seul makes a reference to........

Camp 19, Logging Camp
Lac Seul Land & Lumber

This note is on the north end of Wesley Bay so it is very possible that they logged all around that general area of Wesley Bay.

Are you thinking about taking the HB that far to the WNW of Taylor Island ?

Hope this helps.

PjShorthorn.
Old 03-26-2017, 10:51 AM
Keeper

On Google Earth it shows a number of structures with a large pier. Looks to be kept up and used. Probably a private camp.

If there is to much activity around Taylor Island or a number of Houseboats already moored there my party would like to go elsewhere. Andrea mentioned Holden beach as the only known mooring spot in that area. That is going to be our alternate location. We like the many shoals close to deep water along with the big lake humps. We also will be close to two big bays. It's a crap shoot for sure as there is limited knowledge on this area. I will certainly share what we find. My party are a bunch of diehards who fish from sun up to sun down. We will find them.
Old 03-26-2017, 01:48 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
On Google Earth it shows a number of structures with a large pier. Looks to be kept up and used. Probably a private camp.

If there is to much activity around Taylor Island or a number of Houseboats already moored there my party would like to go elsewhere. Andrea mentioned Holden beach as the only known mooring spot in that area. That is going to be our alternate location. We like the many shoals close to deep water along with the big lake humps. We also will be close to two big bays. It's a crap shoot for sure as there is limited knowledge on this area. I will certainly share what we find. My party are a bunch of diehards who fish from sun up to sun down. We will find them.

I see the spot you are referring to on the north shore of Wesley Bay. There are some big structures and quite a bit of cleared area around the structures. The pier is pretty long with a T-Head to the west. It could be a private camp,but I'm guessing it is a logging operation. Closer to the spot you see, there is quite a bit of newer growth trees around the area.

I may be wrong. Let us know where you land and how your group does fishing that section of Lac Seul. Best of luck.

PjShorthorn
Old 04-20-2017, 08:02 AM
Keeper

LSFl will soon be taking delivery on two new Super 75 foot houseboats. Two full baths?
Old 05-19-2017, 06:31 AM
Keeper

As the season begins and we creep ever closer to my trip, I was wondering about refrigerator priorities. I know there are two onboard each houseboat. Are they the same size as RV refrigerators? Do they also have mini freezers on top? Getting very excited now that we are only weeks away.
Old 05-19-2017, 07:55 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
As the season begins and we creep ever closer to my trip, I was wondering about refrigerator priorities. I know there are two onboard each houseboat. Are they the same size as RV refrigerators? Do they also have mini freezers on top? Getting very excited now that we are only weeks away.
Pretty much full size refrigerators with a decent size freezer on top. My guess is that they are much larger than an RV unit, but I have never owned or used an RV. The chest freezers on the front deck will hold a lot of block ice. I would recommend you get block ice to keep other perishable items that don't fit in the fridge. We would gut and de -gill our take home fish and store them in the chest freezer along with beverages so as to not take up fridge space.

Safe travels and enjoy the heck out of Lac Seul. She is a beauty to behold.

PjShorthorn
Old 05-19-2017, 08:00 AM
Wallhanger

Jimi,

Who would have thunk that your thread would have survived this long with over 25,000+ views ????
It must be like breathing that rarified air in Colorado...or is it the other thing.... that keeps everyone interested ?????

PjShorthorn