Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
New update for Helix 10 3/22/17 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-23-2017, 03:22 PM
Keeper

Default New update for Helix 10 3/22/17

There is a new update for the Helix 10s I am assuming for the 9s and 12s as well. It is version 1.400 released yesterday (3/22/17). Just thought I'd let everyone know since I haven't seen an email come through from them for it yet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2017, 06:31 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyo307 View Post
there is a new update for the helix 10s i am assuming for the 9s and 12s as well. It is version 1.400 released yesterday (3/22/17). Just thought i'd let everyone know since i haven't seen an email come through from them for it yet.
thanks just installed it!
Old 03-25-2017, 06:01 PM
Minnow

Also for the Helix 7 G2N
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Keeper

Just updated three weeks ago when I put the new Ulterra on, time to do it again. I haven't seen an email through my "My Humminbird" account on this new update either.
2016 Lund 2175 Pro V white, 350 V-Rod, 22 Bravo 1LT, 15 Pro Kicker, Trollmaster 2, 112 Ulterra link w/blutooth, 2-Helix 10 SI, wash down, full canvas, bike seat, bow rails, bait station, Montana Rock Guard AND dual spare tires. Purchased From the best dealer in the west, Townsend Marine. added 6 in. hydraulic jackplate. Still won't do 60 mph!! Man, I thought the dual spare tires would do it.

1975 Hewescraft 18' River Runner, 135 Evinrude outboard jet.
Old 03-26-2017, 05:50 PM
Minnow

What does it fix or add?
Old 03-27-2017, 03:01 AM
Wallhanger

Key Features:

This software update will now allow you to change the transparency settings when overlaying layers – such as topographic and aerial views - available on select lakes from Humminbird LakeMaster and ChartSelect.

For example, let’s say you want to view the aerial view of a lake along with the depth contour lines. You will now be able to make the overlay – in this case contours – varying degrees of transparency so that you can see docks coming out onto the water via the aerial map layer.

Previously, this was only available for AutoChart layers. Now, it can be used for a number of layers, making ChartSelect and LakeMaster layers more valuable in your search for fish.

Other Updates and Fixes:

· Users can now write to Navionics cards. This includes Snapshots and Recordings

· Fixed issue where MEGA transducer would continue to ping when nothing is subscribed to it

· Fixed issue that prevented the Noise Filter option from appearing when the connected transducer was set to HDSI

· Fixed issue that caused LakeMaster and AutoChart Live maps to not draw correctly when in over zoom

· Fixed issue where the base map water color will be drawn white when background is set to black

· Fixed an issue where the COG/SOG text was not being clipped on the chart preview inside waypoint management

· Fixed an issue where the + and – buttons are not behaving the same on the fish finder as they are on the i-Pilot BT remote when adjusting speed while in High Speed Bypass mode.

· Fixed an issue where the Ulterra i-Pilot motors would not trim down all of the way.

· Fixed an issue where Circle Mode offset was not working if it was changed by any unit on the network, other than the one that initiated Circle Mode

· Fixed an issue where pressing Go-To twice, without an active cursor, would initiate navigation to the last created waypoint

· Fixed an issue when navigating from a Spot Lock, to a waypoint, and then to route that would prevent the user from canceling navigation

· Fixed an issue with LakeMaster lake names that would truncate the name of the lake after an apostrophe

· Fixed a ChartSelect layer naming issue when in Asian mode

· Fixed issue where the temperature readout on the Ice Flasher View was not responding to temperature unit changes

· Removed ‘Mark at Vessel’ on Chart and Sonar views when there is an active cursor and i-Pilot is not connected

· Fixed issue where the Custom option under Chart Detail Level was not populating on the base map

· Fixed an issue where opening the Radar X-Press menu in Simulation mode was causing the unit to crash

· Fixed an issue where the DI/SI Combo View and the 2D/DI/SI Combo View were missing in POS and Simulation mode on G1 HELIX SI models

· Fixed issue where the active cursor data boxes on SI views were overlapping when SI Readouts is turned OFF

· Fixed an issue that was causing the unit to reboot if the user pressed and held the View key while viewing a snapshot.

· Fixed an issue that was causing the model name on the Self Test View to not match the serial number label or the splash screen.

· Fixed waypoint naming issue while in Korean

· Fixed several French translations

· Fixed several Dutch translations

· Fixed several Swedish translations
Old 03-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Minnow

I was told, by the Humminbird Rep at the Northwest Sport Show on Friday, to Not load 1.400 at this time. He had received a report of the new upgrade deleting all a clients way points.
Old 03-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Wallhanger

I do not own one but plan on ordering one this week. I am very wary of updates, I'd wait a bit, have had bad experiences with another brand, the L brand on updates. in other words if it works fine for you? leave it alone.