Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund Tyee 1900 or Triton Allure 186 - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Notices

Old 03-21-2017, 04:53 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCONLY View Post
With Triton Moving Prodcution to Trackers Nitro and Tahoe Missouri Plant Id go for the 1900 Tyee, the 1900 is a Killer Boat, Great Ride, Great performance, and Great Resale if ever needed....
All I can say is I have had 3 Tritons built in 3 different plants all great boats. I have herd good things about the bass pro deal.Tracker nitro may learn a few things . I wouldn't worry about this issue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Wallhanger

QC in the boat business? Come on guys it's not Sony. Go to BassPro and look a any Tracker product and compare to Triton (TN or AR), Ranger, Lund etc, then get back to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 03:56 PM
Minnow

WalleyeGuy17. Would really appreciate that test drive in your Allure. Looks like we may both live in the De Pere area. Will PM you when the weather gets a bit nicer.

Old Yesterday, 04:22 PM
Minnow

On a related note for considering the Tyee 1900 or Allure 186: the Tyee is 19 ft 1 inch and 1600#, rated for 200hp; the Allure 186 is 18 ft 6 inches and 1950#, rated for 175hp.

There is a very interesting thread called Jacobs Dream that discusses powering a Tyee 1900 with a Merc 4 stroke. Many thought the boat would be terribly underpowered. Bottom line, after buying it with the 150 Merc 4 stroke, Jacob was satisfied with overall performance and top end speed approaching 50 mph.

No one seems to blink twice about powering the Allure with the 150 4 stroke Merc.....most dealers sell it that way. Now I am not a boat/hull designer, but with the Allure 186 weighing 350# more than the Tyee 1900, that Merc will have more inertia (sorry I am an engineer) to overcome to get the Allure moving than the Tyee.

Any concerns with hole shot on the Allure with the 150 Merc 4 stroke and a load of say 1000 pounds of people?

Would a 175 Yamaha or Zuk 4 stroke be a better choice. I am not a two stroke fan.
Old Yesterday, 08:01 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirement Plan View Post
WalleyeGuy17. Would really appreciate that test drive in your Allure. Looks like we may both live in the De Pere area. Will PM you when the weather gets a bit nicer.

Sounds good! To answer your other question I have had 4 guys and a full livewell with me. It is a little slower to plane but once on plane it performs the same. I also have a kicker on the back. I have not been in one with a 175 or a 2 stroke so I can't comment there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Minnow

Retirement Plan its funny you posted this, it's the exact same dilemma I had last August after moving back up north from a short stint in Florida. For me it came down to price, I loved my first Lund fisherman and still do like Lund. The 1900 tyee offered better storage but the price difference pushed me to a boat I never considered and that was the Triton 186 Fish Hunter same as the allure with a different rear casting deck. I really like the boat and went with the 175 Pro XS it really scoots. You might want to check into the 175 Etec G2 I believe they are offering 10 year warranty as well.
Old Today, 06:31 AM
Minnow

Default Wave spearing when trolling

Thanks hooknup. Do you troll with the Allure 186?

I have seen a few videos with Rangers in the 18-19 foot class taking water over the nose at trolling speed in 2-3 foot waves. Same issue on the Allure?
Old Today, 10:56 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retirement Plan View Post
Thanks hooknup. Do you troll with the Allure 186?

I have seen a few videos with Rangers in the 18-19 foot class taking water over the nose at trolling speed in 2-3 foot waves. Same issue on the Allure?
I know my 192 never did my 206? not sure yet??? I really don't think the 186 will . You will be fine stop asking Ranger Lund guy's about a Triton they have never owned a Triton Right?? Walleye central isn't a good place for Triton advice! Good luck
Old Today, 04:30 PM
Minnow

I have to agree with turtle chain. I know that Rangers are a nice boat but for the difference in price I ordered a Triton 216 Fishunter instead of a 621 Ranger. I have talked to a few guys about Tritons and it is all positive. I traded in a 2001 Triton 205 DC walleye boat that I had for 10 years and it was a great boat for me and I fish Lake Erie all the time.