Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Load control: Air bags or Timbrens? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 05-20-2013, 05:19 PM
Wallhanger

I had timbrens in my Chevy. Worked well...virtually no sag but gave a rougher loaded ride. I thought timbre were the cats jazz until I installed roadmaster!!

bought a new 157" f150 screw. Installed road master suspension. WAY better than the timbren. Not only does the truck not sag...it handles better. Greatly reduced body roll. Reduced sway. Those washboard gravel roads where the rear end wants to wander...no more. Truck feels like it wants to stick to the pavement. All around great upgrade.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
Most online retailers have them, I got mine from truckaddons.com for around 90 bucks

90 bucks? they all appear to be around 350 unless im looking at the wrong item???

You got a link Pez?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:47 AM
Charter Member

Well it depends on your suspension. I have coils so I used the ride rite coil rite kit. They are 100 now, so they are up 10 bucks from several years ago.

http://www.truckaddons.com//Catalog/..._coilrite.html
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
Well it depends on your suspension. I have coils so I used the ride rite coil rite kit. They are 100 now, so they are up 10 bucks from several years ago.

http://www.truckaddons.com//Catalog/..._coilrite.html

Ahh, that makes sense. Ive got leafs in the rear.
Old 05-26-2013, 05:47 PM
Wallhanger

With a full load in the bed, and another full load in the boat, the air bags were a God send!! Needed another whole pound of pressure for all that added weight. Gas mileage still sucked but I did enjoy the ride!!

Two thumbs up for the Firestone bags!!!
Old 01-21-2019, 02:30 PM
Slot Fish

Found this old post regarding Air Bags/Timbrens. Has a better solution to correct pickup truck rear end sagging been developed in the last 6 years? My 2017 GMC Sierra Denali rides beautifully when empty-not so much with a load in the box and a loaded 19' boat on the trailer. Oncoming vehicles at night really don't like me. Fully loaded towing occurs only about 10% of my drive time.

John
Old 01-21-2019, 03:18 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnWF View Post
Found this old post regarding Air Bags/Timbrens. Has a better solution to correct pickup truck rear end sagging been developed in the last 6 years? My 2017 GMC Sierra Denali rides beautifully when empty-not so much with a load in the box and a loaded 19' boat on the trailer. Oncoming vehicles at night really don't like me. Fully loaded towing occurs only about 10% of my drive time.

John
Have you checked you tongue weight first to make sure you are not heavy at the hitch? If you are over 10% of your total loaded trailer weight on the tongue, I'd consider lightening the tongue weight first and see how the truck and towability perform.

Marty
Old 01-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Minnow

Sumo Springs might fit your requirements. I installed a set to support the constant weight of a topper and bedslide which adversely impacted the ride of my Tundra. So, far so good, I'm glad I did not go the air bag route and was concerned the Timbrens would be overkill for my purpose.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:33 PM
Slot Fish

Since I don't know the tongue weight, makes sense to find out. Good idea.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:43 AM
Wallhanger

I installed Air Lift bags in my Honda Pilot for under $100. They are a huge improvement when towing. When not towing I drop the pressure down to 5psi and I don't even know their installed. I use 15 to 20 psi when towing/loaded to level out the vehicle. The bags make it feel like I'm not even towing.