Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Merc 114 4st prop - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 07-23-2014, 10:07 AM
Minnow

Default Merc 114 4st prop

For of those of you running a 115 Merc 4st on a 17' aluminum boat, has anyone ran an 18 pitch vengeance prop and how did you like it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Slot Fish

I did - on a 17.6 - Princecraft Pro 176 - not bad prop but there are betters, it was losing grip sometime in tight turns if I was not trimming down before the turn. Hole shot was fair but not more.
Old 07-24-2014, 05:32 AM
Wallhanger

I have ran the 18P vengeance. The vengeance is not a real aggressive prop. It gives you better all around performance than an aluminum. It is a good all around prop if you are looking for durability,less steering torque, top end and a moderate cup for holding in turns and hole shot. I loved mine but wanted a more aggressive prop because all the weight I had in the stern[Tiller] I do have my vengeance for sale in the classifieds. Not sure where you live but I would be willing to have you try it out. It really depends on the boat,motor combo you are putting it on. Every boat will react a little different with the same motor and prop. Propman would be the one to contact with his vast knowledge on prop,motor,boat,combo.