Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Ranger 175T Angler Debuts at Minneapolis Northwest Sportshow - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW View Post
So I am thinkin 75 etec, 80 vantage on the back, 80 Ipilot Terrova up front, Hbirds front and back.......man, I gotta stop daydreamin until I see one in person!!!!
BW, actually I was thinking a 75 hp Yamaha with the air flow restrictor plate taken out making it a 90 hp. Otherwise rigged the same (1198c SI at the helm and a 958c DI on the bow). I'd like to do that for a Skeeter WX1790T or the Ranger 175T.
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade B AKA: Ruger2506 View Post
BW, actually I was thinking a 75 hp Yamaha with the air flow restrictor plate taken out making it a 90 hp. Otherwise rigged the same (1198c SI at the helm and a 958c DI on the bow). I'd like to do that for a Skeeter WX1790T or the Ranger 175T.
Dont hold back.... you can flush mount an 1198 at the bow.

-Eli
Old 03-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJEli View Post
Dont hold back.... you can flush mount an 1198 at the bow.

-Eli
Why not.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:06 AM
Keeper

I saw the boat last night at the Sportsman Show in Minneapolis, somewhat disappointed. I had hoped for something more along the lines of the previous 617 hull, this is definately not a big water Walleye boat in my opinion. Very shallow, particularly at the transom, even with Wave Wackers I wouldn't feel comfortable backing it into larger waves. I could see it as a nice multi-species boat for smaller bodies of water but with a higher price tag? I personally would spend a little more and get the 618T as a serious Walleye Backtroller.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecon View Post
I saw the boat last night at the Sportsman Show in Minneapolis, somewhat disappointed. I had hoped for something more along the lines of the previous 617 hull, this is definately not a big water Walleye boat in my opinion. Very shallow, particularly at the transom, even with Wave Wackers I wouldn't feel comfortable backing it into larger waves. I could see it as a nice multi-species boat for smaller bodies of water but with a higher price tag? I personally would spend a little more and get the 618T as a serious Walleye Backtroller.
agree, i saw it last night and was not impressed considering the context of it being $25K+.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:23 AM
fdasfasdo

I gotta say that I think this boat and the 618 are aimed at totally different markets. Why would Ranger cannibalize their 618 sales with a boat that is only slightly smaller? This new boat should do well with the river crowd, muskie anglers, and any other tiller guys who want something smaller, shallower, and faster than the 618.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:13 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyecon View Post
Ihave to agree with most of the coments of those who have seen it, and Eyecon sums it up well. A group of guys from our local walleye group went to the sports show yesterday. Most of the guys run 17 foot tillers now (equal split glass and tin), a couple 18 foot tiller guys and one a twenty but all tillers. Over supper and a cold one we talked about the boats at the show. Not one of the group liked the new Ranger. Maybe your right and they are designing the boat for a different market than Walleye Guys. But who? I fish Musky and panfish alot different time during the year and I would not want that boat. I fish small waters mostly, big water some just like the other guys and that boat was not in anyone's top 5. Will they sell some? Sure it's a Ranger, but I still think it was a big miss.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:58 PM
tiller dude

First off, I got no dog in this hunt.

The boat according to a video on another site of George Liddle doing a walk around, had as a design element that it run with a lower hp tiller - and well. The boat on their site ran @ 34mph's with a 70 Yamaha four stroke. Thats pretty darn good.

The boat is also just over 17.5 feet long, which gives it some decent wingspan. Depth - seems a little shallow, but who's been in one yet? (on the water).

Northern Wisconsin - boat would shine. Better days on big water, just fine.

Compared to a 618 it is hundreds of pounds lighter, thousands of dollars less (26/27k with the 70) and more user friendly to tow, push around etc.

Be interesting to see how it goes.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:43 PM
Keeper

I seen it today myself. Very shallow hull, no storage room either. It doesn't even compete with the 17ft skeeter or yarcraft.
Old 03-30-2012, 05:12 PM
Keeper

Tuffy 170xt is more bang for the buck.