Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2012 FLW Walleye - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
Wallhanger

Where is the Cabelas tournament out of?

John Mickish
NPAA# 379
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 AM
Greyhound

Same place that the flw has listed
Old 12-18-2011, 09:07 AM
Greyhounds

so either nobody has the answer or nobody sees this as a problem. The regional tournament will have over 100 boats and I would assume that the FLW will also.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhounds View Post
so either nobody has the answer or nobody sees this as a problem. The regional tournament will have over 100 boats and I would assume that the FLW will also.
ntc runs in conjunction with the mwc every year, they have record boat #'s... heck they use the same scale! Mille lacs will be busy this year...

FLW is running same weekend as MTT on the mississippi... If you think big ole Oahe is gonna be crowded, you dont want to see the mississippi that week...

The more the better, as far as Im concerned... stack em up!!!
Old 12-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Greyhound

So let me run through this scenario; A team that is fishing the Cabela's Regional Tournament shows up Thursday morning to pre-fish a spot and an FLW angler shows up 10 minutes later for the first day of the FLW tourney. The Cabela's Regional team does not know that the FLW angler pre-fished this exact same spot, you don't see this as a problem? If not, I hope that the rest of the FLW anglers agree with your thoughts and are cordial to that Cabela's Regional boat.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyhound View Post
So let me run through this scenario; A team that is fishing the Cabela's Regional Tournament shows up Thursday morning to pre-fish a spot and an FLW angler shows up 10 minutes later for the first day of the FLW tourney. The Cabela's Regional team does not know that the FLW angler pre-fished this exact same spot, you don't see this as a problem? If not, I hope that the rest of the FLW anglers agree with your thoughts and are cordial to that Cabela's Regional boat.
Its not like the FLW guys or the Cabelas guys are going to be unaware of the extra traffic.. Just another thing they have to be prepared for.. I can almost guarantee you every angler fishing either circuit will be planning for extra boats on the water.. Every tourny has different obstacles to overcome, boat traffic shouldnt wreck your day

Last edited by gonecribbin; 12-23-2011 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Wallhanger

Default You would hope that....

My thinking is that the pre fishing guy might give way to the tournament guy, I would, heck I am just pre fishing anyway. I would hope I have my spots by now anyway.

As they say,"do unto others as you would have done to you".

As some guys on another post were saying, communication will go along way. Either way it will be a bit hairy out there, yippi skippy, can't wait.

Great scheduling again, as usual..........................
Don Loch #235
Old 12-23-2011, 03:50 PM
Minnow

Default Proper ediquitte

If you are prefishing you should give way to tournament boats. You can stay back and watch to see what size fish ect. If you are both in different tournaments on the same day everyone should treat everyone else like they are in the same tournament even if one tournament is bigger. One thing that really upset me one time at Escanaba was on the second day of a PWT event there were about 10 tournament boats fishing one small location and 7 of the top ten were there all taking turns accross the best area just like we did the first day. One boat prefishing for the MWC tournament setup and put out 3 boards on each side and trolled right through everyone making several tournament boats alter their course and mess up their passes. He continued to go back and forth all morning just getting in the way.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:48 AM
alfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAH View Post
My thinking is that the pre fishing guy might give way to the tournament guy, I would, heck I am just pre fishing anyway. I would hope I have my spots by now anyway.

As they say,"do unto others as you would have done to you".

As some guys on another post were saying, communication will go along way. Either way it will be a bit hairy out there, yippi skippy, can't wait.

Great scheduling again, as usual..........................
One might hope it goes that way but it never does.

At the flw port Clinton last year was a prime example. Tangled boards, getting cut off, battling for passes through the good areas, by the same boats prefishing for a 50 team local tournament.

I was told day 3 was even worse with the fog in the mix! Couldn't really tell on the flw TV show because of the fog.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 PM
Greyhound

For the record: the Cabelas Regional has been scheduled and had their permit from the state of South Dakota for over 2 months before the FLW announced their schedule.