Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
PWT Super Pro Payout - Page 9 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
So

Default RE: PWT Super Pro Payout

A show on a channel which reaches 78 million homes or a show on a station which reachs 20-30 million homes is less reach nationally?

Not sure, but I think when you are talking about the In-Fish reach your're discussing the distribution. Those numbers are somewhat misleading as a publisher can print magazine which are never purchased by the public. The bottomline is the subsscriptions for the magazine.

My guess is the majority of the In-Fish readers are located in the upper Midwest. Purely a guess, but that is their stronghold.

The subscriptions for the FLW Outdoors magazine are based on members which is somewhere around 45,000.

I'm not sure what the Walleye Insider subscriptions are. If anyone knows please share.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2005, 11:25 AM
Charter Member

"The concept of the Super Pros are fine, the problem is there
is an entry fee. They need to have the Elite or Majors like
BASS has with no entry fees for these Super Pros."

The elite series that you refer to with the payouts down to $10,000 has a $5,000 entry fee per tournament and 11 tournaments making the total entry fee $55,000 per angler. You cannot pull money out of the air like some of you seem to think.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Slot Fish

I keep seeing the tv #'s being tossed around. Just because the possible viewership is larger on FSN does not mean the the real #'s will be larger. Someone that watches The Outdoor Channel would be more inclined to watch a fishing show. The FSN has a more general viewer that is not as likely to watch a fishing show. I know a lot of sport nuts that think watching a fishing show is like watching paint dry. NAWA broadcasted their circuit on ESPN which has a hugh viewership but it didn't do them any good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Juls_OH

I don't think you can compare the FLW Bass, Walleye, Kingfish, and Redfish shows to NAWA. A lot has happened in the tourney world in the last 5-6 years.
Tournament fishing, and the film coverage of these events, has come a LONG way and is much more exciting than when NAWA was around.

Just my own opinion...

Juls
Old 12-09-2005, 12:31 PM
Juls_OH

I don't think you can compare the FLW Bass, Walleye, Kingfish, and Redfish shows to NAWA. A lot has happened in the tourney world in the last 5-6 years.
Tournament fishing, and the film coverage of these events, has come a LONG way and is much more exciting than when NAWA was around.

Just my own opinion...

Juls
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
True

But, last year 2005, they qualified to a no entry elite series, so in fact based on Money winnings and 2005 regular season set the No entry Elite series qualifiers, at least they did not rank and file out of the blue, in the same season before telling the anglers whos in and out it was first communicated that there prior season determined there moving on.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:50 PM
True

But, last year 2005, they qualified to a no entry elite series, so in fact based on Money winnings and 2005 regular season set the No entry Elite series qualifiers, at least they did not rank and file out of the blue, in the same season before telling the anglers whos in and out it was first communicated that there prior season determined there moving on.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Actually

The Elites I refered to were the 2004 and 2005 BASS Elite 50's where there were no entry fees and the anglers were guaranteed a check and first place earned $100,000.

The new BASS Elite Series is different, but they now have 3 Majors which are for the Top 50 anglers, like the Elite 50's were, and they will have no entry fees.

This is what the PWT Super Pros should ideally be.

The Super Pros along with a real PWT circuit where you need to qualify, not these open events. Then also develop a true feeder series like BASS has with the Bassmaster Series and new Tour events or like the FLW does with the BFL's and new Stren Series or the FLW Walleye Tour has with the Walleye League events.

Hopefully the PWT will evolve into that.

Although this seems like bickering, there are more opportunities now than ever before for an angler to get into the ranks of pro walleye fishing.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:01 PM
Actually

The Elites I refered to were the 2004 and 2005 BASS Elite 50's where there were no entry fees and the anglers were guaranteed a check and first place earned $100,000.

The new BASS Elite Series is different, but they now have 3 Majors which are for the Top 50 anglers, like the Elite 50's were, and they will have no entry fees.

This is what the PWT Super Pros should ideally be.

The Super Pros along with a real PWT circuit where you need to qualify, not these open events. Then also develop a true feeder series like BASS has with the Bassmaster Series and new Tour events or like the FLW does with the BFL's and new Stren Series or the FLW Walleye Tour has with the Walleye League events.

Hopefully the PWT will evolve into that.

Although this seems like bickering, there are more opportunities now than ever before for an angler to get into the ranks of pro walleye fishing.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:06 PM
Slot Fish

I think the shows were more interesting when I got to see more anglers fishing. Also, like I said,possible big viewership dosn't mean bigger market share. JMHO