Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1750 Outfitter - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 07-13-2011, 04:15 AM
Charter Member

Question Lund 1750 Outfitter

Anyone have one/seen one ? I have a Pro-V 1800 SE, but being an old tiller Guy, I think the Outfitter would fit My needs pretty well. Thanks for any input. Bob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 AM
Charter Member

I've been looking at one for a while now too, as a replacement for my 1700 Explorer tiller. Certainly not all the creature comforts and width of the Explorer, but narrower, so it should fit on a narrower trailer, lighter (easier to tow), my only concern is just how well it runs with the 60hp max on it. Too bad they don't have a 70hp rating on that hull, so the F70 Yamaha could be used, but I'm sure Lund/Brunswick isn't about to encourage hanging a non-black motor on thier hull.

I hope you buy one, so I could get a ride in yours, and see how it performs with 3 guys in it!

HRG
Old 01-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Minnow

Default Outfitter

Hi guys, i bought an outfitter this past summer with a 60 honda on the back and am very pleased. I get about 36-37mph on GPS WOT which is lots for me, I cruise at 32mph with awsome fuel milage.

Last edited by The Canuck; 01-19-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Canuck View Post
Hi guys, i bought an outfitter this past summer with a 60 honda on the back and am very pleased. I get about 36-37mph on GPS full out which is lost for me, I cruise at 32mph with awsome fues milage.
pictures man, pictures!

If you would, please measure the width across the bottom corner of the transom. The "factory" Lund/Shorland'r trailer looks to be much wider than needed, I'd like to see if an EZ Loader w/torsion axle would fit OK.
Thanks, HRG
Old 01-12-2012, 06:38 PM
Keeper

Default outfitter

The shorelandr trailer finder sight says they recommend the SLR22L under an Outfitter. That is 89" overall with 74" between the fenders. Hope that helps..Dave
Old 01-12-2012, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

HRG,
What about the proguides?? I have been looking at these boats. Much better value than some other boats, loaded up. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by BW; 01-12-2012 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW View Post
HRG,
What about the proguides?? I have been looking at these boats. Much better value than some other boats, loaded up. What are your thoughts?
BW,
I'm actually thinking about "downsizing" a bit, although the 1750 Outfitter is a little longer than my 1700 Explorer, it's narrower (so the trailer can be narrower), lighter (less hp required) than what I have now. My prior rig was a Smokercraft 150 Stinger, I actually miss how easy that rig was to drag around, get on the trailer, move in the garage, etc.

I think the ProGuides are great boats, I just don't need 2 livewells, in-floor rod storage, an electronics locker, etc. I spent the first 20-25 years of my fishing life in a 14' resort boat, with a 10 horse on it, so I'm pretty used to a "minimalist" approach.

HRG
Old 01-13-2012, 06:43 AM
Keeper

Pay attention to the floor space on the Outfitter, as the side storage stops in a few feet and leaves open floor. This boat would be my second pick after the Alaskan tillers.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:45 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post
pictures man, pictures!

If you would, please measure the width across the bottom corner of the transom. The "factory" Lund/Shorland'r trailer looks to be much wider than needed, I'd like to see if an EZ Loader w/torsion axle would fit OK.
Thanks, HRG
HRG, you might also measure the height of the bottom of the boat on the two trailers. A wider trailer might leave the boat lower, making it easier to launch in unimproved launches. Those can be some of the best fishing spots.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billfish1984 View Post
HRG, you might also measure the height of the bottom of the boat on the two trailers. A wider trailer might leave the boat lower, making it easier to launch in unimproved launches. Those can be some of the best fishing spots.
billfish,
I'm all over that concept, exactly my reason for asking. The 1 or 2 Outfitter rigs I've seen have a trailer that's maybe 4+ inches too wide per side, but I keep forgetting to keep a tape measure with me at shows. Certainly, no matter what I end up with, the hull will be as low as possible between the fenders.

Thanks, HRG