Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Attn : Pike and Musky fisherman - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-04-2017, 02:29 PM
Slot Fish

Default Attn : Pike and Musky fisherman

I was going through a tackle box full of Musky baits ( bought them all about 25 years ago ) and came across these single hook jerkbaits. I can't remember the name of them. I also found a couple of eagle tail bucktails as well. I was wondering if I should add these to my arsenal or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170204_140430_1486243582947.jpg
Views:	462
Size:	336.4 KB
ID:	241081  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2017, 02:57 PM
Slot Fish

I love watching pike smash baits on the surface!
Old 02-04-2017, 06:36 PM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveygravy View Post
I was going through a tackle box full of Musky baits ( bought them all about 25 years ago ) and came across these single hook jerkbaits. I can't remember the name of them. I also found a couple of eagle tail bucktails as well. I was wondering if I should add these to my arsenal or not.
Looks like a dive and rise, jerk bait. Could work fine. Looks like a Wade's Wobbler. Probably be better off with a Suick or Bobbie Bait or Intimidator...if you like that style of jerkbait.

As for the Eagletails...nah, don't use em', and sell them to me ;o)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2017, 01:43 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveygravy View Post
I looked at this 2 days ago and I've racked my brain since trying to remember what this lure name and manufacturer is and I still can't think of it. I have one too, in all black. It is a dive and rise jerkbait. It was around in the mid 90's but I haven't seen one in a long time. I forgot I had one until I saw this picture. Sorry, I just can't seem to remember.

I can tell you more of what it is NOT than what it is. lol

It's not a Wade's Wobbler. seek link

https://www.muskytackleonline.com/wa...-wades-wobbler

It's not a...

Suick, Bobbie, Hi-Fin Fooler, Stidham Muskie Sensor, Dick Gries jerkbait.

I would post this on a muskie fishing specific website message board and I would bet you'd get an answer from someone who has a better memory than I do.

Yes, to using the Eagle Tails.

There's a fine line between being a dedicated fisherman and fool who doesn't know when to come in out of the rain.

Minnesota, Land of 10,000 Wind Chills.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:50 AM
Charter Member

Even if we can't remember the names of these lures, I'd try fishing them anyhow.

I remember using mine a few times over weedbeds and it was pretty weedless. The only thing I didn't like was that it rose fairly quickly on the pause. If I tried fishing it again I'd put a small split ring on the front hook screw eye and add a bell sinker to that to help slow down the rate of raise on the pause. Add a plastic twister tail to the rear hook too.

But I still can't remember the darn name.

There's a fine line between being a dedicated fisherman and fool who doesn't know when to come in out of the rain.

Old 03-13-2017, 06:38 AM
Minnow

Default Made by Wade

I was going through the MN musky expo Friday night and came across the bait you pictured and remember seeing your post. So, I snapped a quick picture and checked out the info on the back of the packaging. It is made by the same guy that makes the Wade's Wobbler. It's called a "Musky Bandit II." It was manufactured (or at least packaged) in Ham Lake, MN.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	247706  
Old 03-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Charter Member

If you can come up with a bait that everyone else is not using, my observation had been that it might be a good one to try. Baits that are a little "different" than what most folks have in their tackle box can sometimes be producers. This is one of several reasons why I make so many of my offerings.

Bill
Old 03-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskyroller View Post
I was going through the MN musky expo Friday night and came across the bait you pictured and remember seeing your post. So, I snapped a quick picture and checked out the info on the back of the packaging. It is made by the same guy that makes the Wade's Wobbler. It's called a "Musky Bandit II." It was manufactured (or at least packaged) in Ham Lake, MN.
I didn't make it to the muskie expo this weekend so I'm sorry I missed this.

Thank you for your reply with the name and manufacturer. I would never have remembered it on my own. Now that I hear it and think about it, it seems vaguely to come back to my mind.

I didn't know they were still being made.