Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Muskies in Green Lake! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Muskie Central > General Discussion

Old 05-30-2002, 11:11 AM
EsoxCop

Default Muskies in Green Lake!

I was on Green Lake (Spicer, MN) fishing this past weekend and saw 2 Muskies. One was about 34-35 inches and the other was a HORSE!! about 46-48 inches, but broad as #####. I am 100% sure they were both muskies, as my brother and I got follows from both of the fish on tube baits. Both of the fish were in the same shallow spot with Pike. We need to get that lake stocked....imagine the trophy potential. I know Nest Lake has a Muskie population (by mistake) and I am sure these fish filtered in to Green from Nest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Minnow

Default RE: Muskies in Green Lake!

REALLLLLLLLYYYYY!!!!!

I was fishing there all last weekend and only saw (and caught) bass. Where did you see them? My grandparents live on the lake and I used to spend my summers there so I'm pretty familiar with the areas.

I have mentioned to a couple area DNR guys that they should stock it with skies. They replied that the lake associations don't want them. Too bad because it would be PERFECT!!!!!!

-Shawn
Old 05-30-2002, 02:04 PM
Tom B

If I Remember correctly, the hatchery at Spicer is upstream from Green and it is a well known fact within the DNR that muskies escape as fry and make it into Green. The difficulty has been that Green is not managed for muskies and who knows how many get in every year. About 7 years ago, Green was proposed to be stocked and it was shot down.

To me, this would be an excellent lake for MI to pay for fingerlings and make it an "official" muskie lake.

On another note, wouldn't it be cool to have another "chain" of muskies lakes, similiar to the Woman chain???

Tom B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2002, 03:02 PM
Minnow

Hi.Fabulous.Green LAke and muskies came up twice today-coincidence or fate???(hate to be a jerk and refer to another site but see the thread on Stocking Mn Lakes on MUSKIESONLINE.COM)
Wow.All those rocks-awesome spots for big ladies.
Old 05-31-2002, 06:29 AM
Minnow

The fish that are getting in there are upstream about 10 miles or so from the hatchary in New London. They go down the Crow River to Nest Lake to Green Lake. I've heard that Nest almost has a fishable population. There fore Green MUST have some. The only problem if we start stocking Green is the lack of weed cover, it's a very clear lake and there are TONS of suspended baitfish. Very challunging condictions!

-Shawn
Old 05-31-2002, 06:45 AM
Minnow

Challenging conditions eh. Good, they are too easy for me to catch now, so I keep looking for more of a challenge.
:)