Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
brest bay help please!!!!!!! - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 01-25-2003, 10:06 PM
Slot Fish

Default brest bay help please!!!!!!!

was wanting to fish catawba, but it don't look like that is going to happen. i've heard good reports from brest bay and was wondering if someone could reccomend a place to stay/get on ice/place where i can clean my fish etc.... i live in WV and have never been to this area and would appreciate any help. if conditions stay good i will head up on friday or saturday. also, i would have my atv. do you need a sticker in michigan and if so, how do i get one. thanks to anyone that can help out.

greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2003, 07:22 AM
Charter Member

Default RE: brest bay help please!!!!!!!

Check out the other post on Brest Bay.

Call Bill at Bottom line bait and tackle. Hes as much of a straight shooter as there is around these parts.

(734) 379-9762

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.
Old 01-26-2003, 09:02 AM
DREW

Are you looking for perch or walleyes?

DREW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Slot Fish

drew, i am looking for eyes. like i said, i have never fished in the mich. waters of erie, so any help would be appreciated. thanks

greg
Old 01-26-2003, 06:46 PM
Doc

.You do need a sticker.I think it's $16.50 or something like that,you should be able to pick one up at a bait shop,that's where I got mine.If you need more info e-mail me shothead5@aol.Doc
Old 01-27-2003, 04:28 PM
Slot Fish

Doc;
What is the $16.50 sticker for? Is it for parking or acess fee? Thanks, Gill
Old 01-27-2003, 04:38 PM
Doc

You need the sticker to travel on the lake.It's an O.R.V.sticker.I picked mine up while ice fishing in the U.P.I heard from a friend that witnessed a guy get cited for hauling out a shanty with a garden tractor and not having the sticker.
Old 01-28-2003, 01:57 AM
Slot Fish

how many rods/tip ups can you use on michigan waters of erie. also, what is the limit on perch and walleye? thanks

greg
Old 01-28-2003, 06:07 AM

Just a word of warning.....I was out of Brest Bay on my Gator last nite to help a buddy recover his disabled snowmobile and a wildlife officer was sitting in the parking lot at the marina. When we returned with the sled on the back he asked if I had an ORV sticker for my Gator...which I didn't....and reminded me to get one before I go back out on the ice. He said they will be checking for them. It will be worth the $16.50 if you plan on heading out.

Also, there was talk in the parking lot about a couple ATV's that went thru out there. One this past weekend in close to Stoney Point and another yesterday to the south of the marina. Stay on the trail and don't go south towards the Monroe power plant. The hot water discharge is keeping things dangerous over that way.

Old 01-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Lost_Peninsula

Just to let you know, I was fishing about 150' from where the amphibian and 4 wheeler went through. At about 9:30AM an amphibian pulling a trailer fell through. The amphibian was supposed to float but the trailer pulled it in backwards. The area was marked with 5 gallon buckets. Then about an hour later the four wheeler went through close to the same spot the amphibian did. His front tires were hinging on the ice and another guy with a big 4 wheeler hooked his winch to the sinking 4 wheeler and pulled it all the way out but the back of the trailer snagged the ice and caused the rope to snap. The 4 wheeler slid back into the hole and submerged with the owner chasing after, he stopped just in time or he too would be wet. At the end of the day me and the six year where heading home skunked, not even a nibble. The little guy looks at me as soon as we get everything packed on the sled and says "I know why we diden't catch anything" I asked him why, he said "because them people kept dropping there ATV's in the water by us and scaring our fish away" I assured hi that was the least of their worries.....