Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Golden Eagle Resort~Lac Seul - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 08-01-2005, 09:02 AM
Charter Member

Default Golden Eagle Resort~Lac Seul

Looking for some feedback from people who have stayed at Golden Eagle in Lac Seul.

I have read some good things here, but then I talked to someone this morning who was there 5 years ago, and hated it. (Cabins not level, crabby owner, etc.)

If you stayed there, please post, or you can send a private e-mail. reels64@yahoo.com. If you have a better suggestion, I would like that too.

Thanks~

<{{}}><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Mike Kansas2

Default RE: Golden Eagle Resort~Lac Seul

Check out this one. it looks great and I have heard nothing but GOOD about it.

www.lostislandlodge.com

Old 08-06-2005, 11:46 AM
WANTTOFISHNOW

I STAYED AT THAT RESORT ABOUT 4 YEARS AGO AND IT SUCKS. THE OWNERS WERE RUDE,CABINS DIRTY,PILLOWS SMELLED LIKE SOMEONE PULLED THEM FROM THE LAKE. I WOULD NEVER GO BACK TO SUCH A DUMP. IF YOU HAVE ANYMORE QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME EJG84@EARTHLINK.NET
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2005, 08:18 PM
Whit

never stayed there. have heard nothing but good things about the camp.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:20 PM
2 DOGS unlogged

I spend 2-3 months there every summer and will guarantee it is one of the cleanest bunch of cabins you'll find. Boats are clean and in good shape. Cabins aren't new, but definately in decent shape and they don't charge new cabin prices. Wanttofishnow is way out in left field on this one. I'd welcome any questions you might have on the resort and no, I don't have any interest in it other than it's my choice of a place to stay. Owners are good hosts also.
Old 08-18-2005, 08:29 PM
IaGuy

I've stayed there twice, 06/03 and 06/04. I found the cabins very comfortable and the fishing to be outstanding. One of my buddies is heading there again in Sept. The guy with the negative comments is an idiot, probably expects mints on his pillow. Have a good one.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Bud FLL

I met the owners at a sportshow and they seem like good people and I never heard a bad thing about them from anybody else. Hey 2 dogs I thought we were going to do some fishing this summer, whats up couldn't you get that boat going this year. You need uncle Ernie to put a Yamaha on the back of it.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:01 AM
To Ia Guy

Back to calling people names I see. How do you know this other fellow is an idiot? The post was if anybody had info on the place and he must have had a bad week there so he gave his opinion so climb off. He said his 2 cents and that is no reason for you to start calling him names.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:51 PM
Keeper

Hey Bud, are you so booked up you don't even check your phone messages? I left 2 and gave up. I had that boat going and was ready for you to give me a lesson on Gull Rock walleye. Well, there's always next year. Uncle Ernie just grins when I tell him maybe I need different motors.
Old 08-22-2005, 10:30 AM
EyesHawk

I was there in June of 04 and am going back in three weeks. I think the owners are relatively new - within 3-4 years. The fish house is extremely clean, supplies are plentiful and the hosts were plenty attentive. The cabins are fine, not the Hilton but comfortable, dry and clean. I'm not sure what you would expect for $4-$500 / week. I take my own boat but the lodge boats are as good as I have seen in Canada. BTW, fishing is freakin' dynamite. If you are looking for a hot tub, massage and room service you ought to go to Florida..

The hosts get a little ornery when 28" walleye are being filleted. His point is a good one - Fish that big dont taste that great, carry most of the eggs and are probably full of toxins anyway. If you want a trophy, take a picture and have it replicated. Let the big ones go and sustain the resource. We dont seem to understand that in our country - hence we have to go to Canada. I have the "catch and release" pin I recieved from the Golden Eagle proudly displyed on my favorite fishing hat. They also get a little edgy when fat guys from Superior, WI are doing hole starts off his dock - dont blame him.