Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
InFisherman - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Peeved

Thumbs down InFisherman

Whats up with InFisherman tv,Do they have any new shows on or are they done?
Every Time I turn the tv on Its the same old shows for about two years.
Seems to me that there hanging on bye a thread
To Much competiton out there for them like the Dimestore Fishermen LOL What a waste of video that is
But Hey they got a show and I Don't
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Keeper

Peeved,

I have been wondering the same. Many of their shows seem like old clips that they just keep switching around. It used to be the best fishing show on TV, IMO. Since Al and the others left it has gone down the tubes.

NP
Old 05-06-2010, 05:05 AM
Charter Member

Inow watch Al's show Anglers Edge or Angling Edge
Ya gada love Al Lindner and his family

Rebs
Old 05-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Wallhanger

I think the show is as stale as the magazine which I don't bother to read anymore when it comes in the mail.
Old 05-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Keeper

I change the channel any time Stange brings up swimbaits - which is EVERY show. Hey Doug, we get it already.... you like 5" swimbaits and you like to rig them flat occasionally. Been tellin' us that for 4-5 years now, try something new. OK I feel better now ;-)
Old 05-08-2010, 05:28 PM
Wallhanger

Yes, enough of the swim baits and enough fishing northern Canada, the show has gotten boring and I won't buy their magazine even at subscription prices.

Does seem like they repeat a lot.

Angling Edge is the old In Fisherman, and that's what I watch.

Al...btw a 3.5" swimbait does work pretty good on both crappies and walleyes...sometimes..
Old 05-08-2010, 08:19 PM
Minnow

I've been an IF fan since they started when I was a kid. I've been on a few of their shows and written a few articles for them. Yep, the industry and faces have changed a bit - the TV industry has changed a bunch in the last five years or so and many have seen plenty of the swimbait thing... But to answer the question... Yes, they have new programming out there - but old programming plays, as well, depending on what channel you watch.

Many of their new shows (2010) are being seen the second or third time around by this time of the year. If 13 or 26 shows are made per year (and most businesses produce 13), do the math, you'll be seeing re-runs fairly early in the year.

Think about Trev Goudy's "The One" or "Monster Fish" - or Larry Dahlberg's shows - ever see re-runs? Of course... Many fishing shows have gone the way of the Passenger Pigeon, Walleye Tournaments are crashing and have crashed, and many individuals/businesses are actually paying for TV time (and possibly/probably losing money) instead of being paid to have their show on the air (takes a big ego to shell out thousands of dollars just to see your face on TV, don't you think?). Have you noticed Roland Martin's show of late? Nothing much but half-hour advertisements...

But back to IF... IF used to to employ Al, Ron, James, Danny, Sura, Csanda, Quinn, Straw, Ripley, Stange, Dahlberg, Hoffman, Simpson and a whole host of others too numerous to mention who produced the shows, ran the tournament trail and the business end of things. When bought out by corporate America (it is my opinion that the trend of losing family owned businesses to corporations is one huge part of our economic downfall) things changed. Cutting started in a big way - as corporations do. IF now consists of (editors) Stange, Quinn and Neumann. Hoffman is CEO now, or whatever. They have few, but a good support staff that is hugely overworked - thanks corporate America. That's what is left.

Personally, I hope IF makes it. It is tough times for the printed page. It is tough times to sell ads, tough times to make a TV show pay. I heard, the other day, that in the last two years over 200 printed magazines have gone under. Who knows about IF? - time will tell. I'd hate to see it go...

DC