Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Do you have a routine in Canada? - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Wallhanger

Hey Pikeslayer,

I really like your approach to the trip. My mouth watering just reading your menu. Would you mind sharing your blue cheese linguine and buffalo walleye?

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 06:27 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by lassh View Post
Hey Pikeslayer,

I really like your approach to the trip. My mouth watering just reading your menu. Would you mind sharing your blue cheese linguine and buffalo walleye?

Thanks!
Thanks for the kind words lassh! Where are you going this year?

Here is a pictorial I did on the other network. I made it for the little missus on Valentines Day!

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/f...1&#entry666807
Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM
Wallhanger

Default Sounds like a bizness

Pikeslayer, When you approach retirement you should go into business as the "extra guy" of fishing trips. Many groups would pay your way just to taste some of your dishes. Plus, you knows yer fishin' too, brother. High quality post there.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6'3" View Post
Great thread. I enjoy reading other peoples routines
yep, great thread..gets the juices flowing...majority of the routines are similar..
Old 04-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Keeper

Default Do you have a routine in canada

PIKESLAYER 8 I SURE DO HOPE THAT NONE OF MY GROUP READS YOUR POSTS ON YOUR COOKING. THEY WILL TOSS ROCKS AT ME AND WANT TO JOIN YOUR GROUP. WOW WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO COOK LIKE THAT? MY GROUP THINKS HAMBURGER HELPER IS SOME GOOD.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:14 PM
Wallhanger

My spring trip is easy. There are just two of us and we have been boat partners for over 40 years. The trip up involves a stay at the thunderbird lodge on Rainy lake.An evening of cocktails and Sirloins sets the stage to cross the border the following morning and head to camp.My partner is a restaurant owner and as such wants nothing to do with the cooking of meals, which works out well, considering that I really enjoy it.We spend as much time relaxing on the screened in porch watching the world go by as we do on the water. We probably fish 6 to 7 hours a day. The routines in our week include. Martinis and a running game of Gin after fishing. During the week we have Venison cheese burgers twice, grilled lobster tails, BBQ chicken, Lamb chops and Aged Porterhouses. Unlike most groups we only eat fish a couple times for lunch. We practice catch and release in Canada except for a few noon time fillets.The trip home has also been made more enjoyable by stopping in Duluth for the evening and again having a nice meal and a bottle or two of wine.Not much of an itinerary needed for two old friends that usually finish each others sentences.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp chef View Post
There are just two of us and we have been boat partners for over 40 years.
40 years! That's fantastic.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Wallhanger

Smile Business is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeHooksHimself View Post
Pikeslayer, When you approach retirement you should go into business as the "extra guy" of fishing trips. Many groups would pay your way just to taste some of your dishes. Plus, you knows yer fishin' too, brother. High quality post there.
I think that is as fine a complement one man can give another on Walleye Central.
Thank You!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Wallhanger

Default Do you have a routine in canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by djarz929 View Post
We eat like kings, party like rock stars while always being respectful to the lake and the amazing resource that we all have come to love.

Pikeslayer; I've never heard it said any better!
Ditto and so true

Thank you,
Larry Mac
Old 04-02-2012, 08:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGHTLINER View Post
PIKESLAYER 8 I SURE DO HOPE THAT NONE OF MY GROUP READS YOUR POSTS ON YOUR COOKING. THEY WILL TOSS ROCKS AT ME AND WANT TO JOIN YOUR GROUP. WOW WHERE DID YOU LEARN TO COOK LIKE THAT? MY GROUP THINKS HAMBURGER HELPER IS SOME GOOD.
TIGHTLINER,
Its all in having a well thought out shopping list. I've been developing and tweaking my list for years. I also use my 2 boys and my nephews as sous chefs. Everybody needs to be involved otherwise its no fun.

I did have my own restaurant here in Denver. I was kinda known as the only chef in town who does knifework with a fillet knife and not one of them fancy chef's knives. Lol

Have a great trip this summer!