Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Sno-Bear - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 01-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Slot Fish

Default Sno-Bear

anyone using one on a daily basis? I'm looking hard at one, but would like to talk to people who have used one for a while.
Old 01-26-2009, 07:34 PM

Default I'd own one if I could

I just spent a day fishing with a SnoBear where the air temp was -32 and the wind was ripping into your flesh at a tune of -45 degrees. You'd never know it while fishing inside the rig. We used an electric auger and never had to leave the 70 degree interior of the machine all day. We actually shut off the propane furnace for a while (super air tight once you drop it onto the ice).

What impressed me the most was the machine started with ease and moving from spot to spot was probably as fast as folding over a portable shack, dragging it to the next spot and drilling again. I said "almost". This is not as efficient as running and gunning with 50 holes drilled and no shack in tow; although you could pre-drill a big line of holes, drive over and line up one or two of the holes before stopping the machine and lowing it to the ice, and then proceed to the next hole with no more than a minute or two if you were really hellbent for leather.
Old 01-26-2009, 08:46 PM
Minnow

Stop in at Selkirk Park on February 21 during the marathon...Luke's will have one cruising around. Probaly will let you take it for a whirl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2009, 07:12 AM

Default Call Mike the SnoBear Factory Rep to see one this week

Lee, if you're living in Manitoba, the guy I've been talking about is Mike the factory rep from SnoBear who is barnstorming Western Canada testing the limits of the machine and showing it off. He just hit your province yesterday. I don't know all his stops but maybe you can cross paths with him and go try it out yourself. Mike's cell number is: 1 (847) 682-8221. Tell him Jeff that he fished with in Saskatchewan sent you.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:17 AM
Slot Fish

Thanks guys I will give him a call.

Lee
Old 01-27-2009, 08:41 AM
Slot Fish

Talked to the guy and set up a day where I will take him out and fish Lake Winnipeg and he can show us what it does.

thanks for the heads up.

Lee
Old 01-27-2009, 05:32 PM

Default Website shows some neat views

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye-on View Post
Lee, if you're living in Manitoba, the guy I've been talking about is Mike the factory rep from SnoBear who is barnstorming Western Canada testing the limits of the machine and showing it off. He just hit your province yesterday. I don't know all his stops but maybe you can cross paths with him and go try it out yourself. Mike's cell number is: 1 (847) 682-8221. Tell him Jeff that he fished with in Saskatchewan sent you.

I should have mentioned, the SnoBear website is www.snobearuag.com it has some good shots of the machine. Mike tells me the company is getting some professional filming done of the machine to update the site.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Minnow

Does the Sno-Bear float?
Old 01-30-2009, 08:01 AM
jro1974

Default gargan.coming

Whats the bottom dollar on one of these units. I heard $30k. Thats insane. Keep them around 12-20 and I'd be all over one. Anybody know for sure?
Old 01-27-2009, 10:01 AM

Smile Fish no matter the weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleye-on View Post
I just spent a day fishing with a SnoBear where the air temp was -32 and the wind was ripping into your flesh at a tune of -45 degrees. You'd never know it while fishing inside the rig. We used an electric auger and never had to leave the 70 degree interior of the machine all day. We actually shut off the propane furnace for a while (super air tight once you drop it onto the ice).

What impressed me the most was the machine started with ease and moving from spot to spot was probably as fast as folding over a portable shack, dragging it to the next spot and drilling again. I said "almost". This is not as efficient as running and gunning with 50 holes drilled and no shack in tow; although you could pre-drill a big line of holes, drive over and line up one or two of the holes before stopping the machine and lowing it to the ice, and then proceed to the next hole with no more than a minute or two if you were really hellbent for leather.

What I failed to mention here was that if you can physically make it to the lake in your vehicle, you will be able to fish since it is virtually unnessecary to leave the SnoBear. That's what has my gears turning as a part-time icefishing guide. If I book a day with guests, we WILL be able to fish unless it is blizzarding so bad the highways are closed and we can't drive to the lake

I suppose you could drive in the ditch all the way there in the SnoBear.