Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Canadian Gas Pumps - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 05-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Keeper

Default Canadian Gas Pumps

After reading the post about blocking the gas pumps , it brought to mind a question. Why are most Canadian stations still full service ? I know there is a few that arent , but most are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Keeper

great question, and I also find it hard to believe there is no modern convenience store type gas stations like the ones we have here in the states. I realize they are expensive, but wouldn't you think they're would be 1 in fort francis or dryden don't get me wrong I like going into kahooters in ear falls as much as the next guy....lol
Old 05-04-2010, 03:27 PM
Wallhanger

The vast majority are self serve.

It's only in the boonies where most are full service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2010, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Default Kahooters???

I must be missing something in ear Falls. What is kahooters?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Keeper

Default Full service stations

A few years ago on a Canadian fishing trip we stopped at a service station in Prince Albert, SK. When we got out to pump our gas the station attendant came out and said it was against the law for us to pump our own gas. We took him at has word and let him pump our gas for us. Now, unless he was just blowing smoke at us it may be the law in some cities against pumping your own gas. It seems to me that Oregon has similar laws when I made a trip there.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Charter Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall@y@ View Post
A few years ago on a Canadian fishing trip we stopped at a service station in Prince Albert, SK. When we got out to pump our gas the station attendant came out and said it was against the law for us to pump our own gas. We took him at has word and let him pump our gas for us. Now, unless he was just blowing smoke at us it may be the law in some cities against pumping your own gas. It seems to me that Oregon has similar laws when I made a trip there.
True! It is against the law for an American to pump his own gas.....unless he can prove an understanding of the metric system.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:09 AM
Wallhanger

bigtimeelectric: The 711 in Dryden on the TransCanada, is self serve and convenience, all the usual stuff you really don't need.

Gord: I had to come back south a month ago to put the crop in, when I left gas was 99 in Dryden. Gas prices have jumped about 20 cents since being down here (Illinois) in the last week or two, what is it doing there now?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:28 AM
Keeper

Quote:
On a recent trip the NYC we had to stop in New Jersey to gas up, I got out and started the pump and the attendant came over and told me it was against the law to pump my own gas, told him my bad I wasn't from around there, he went on to tell me there are two states where it applies and Oregon is the other
Old 05-05-2010, 08:34 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
He was BS'ing you.

It's completely legal to pump your own gas in SK, and in all of Canada to the best of my knowledge. In fact, the vast majority of stations will be self serve, or have a full service option.

Waxy
Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hump View Post
I must be missing something in ear Falls. What is kahooters?
kahooters is a little gas station right on 105 you see their sign it is a top heavy woman crossed with a buck deer can't explain it any better than that. you can also buy apparel with that symbol on inside the store..