Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Wolf attack - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 10-02-2015, 07:54 AM
Charter Member

I walked into a wolf pack's "living room" once. I was grouse hunting with my dog. It was spooky to have them circle me. I totally believe this can happen to anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2015, 08:06 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
Did you read this .........The following day, with biologists from the Wisconsin DNR and U.S.D.A. Wildlife Services in tow, Nellessen returned to the scene of the attack, hoping to find a dead wolf. At press time no wolf had been found, but Nellessen said the group did find lots of wolf sign, and a blood trail that ended after roughly 150 yards.

Mara sounds like you are calling him a liar. Please explain the wolf tracks and blood.
Wolf tracks and blood doesn't mean the guy was attacked. Mara is saying he could have shot the wolf and made up the story because he is angry about wolves in his hunting area.

I'm certainly not saying he did that, but if there is no evidence of attack, it is certainly possible.
Old 10-02-2015, 08:24 AM
Keeper

I know a guy who shot a bear on opening day of deer season many years ago. When informed that bear didn't open for another 10 days in that part of the state, he then said the bear "attacked" him and he had to shoot it. Needless to say the DEC wasn't pleased....
Old 10-02-2015, 08:53 AM
Wallhanger

While I understand that nobody has ever been attacked by a wolf (based on some obtuse definition)......here is a listing of people that have been attacked by wolves. .

A few fatal and fairly extensive list of non fatal wolf attacks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America

2020 Lund 1975 Pro-V
225 Mercury 15 Mercury
Ulterra 112 I Pilot Link MDI
Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA+ SI (2)
Humminbird 360
Old 10-02-2015, 10:12 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
I'm sorry to inform you this but there has never been a documented case of a wolf attacking a human, and here why: in order for it to be an official documented wolf attack the following must be done

1.*The wolf has to be killed, examined and found to be healthy.

2.*It must be proven that the wolf was never kept in captivity in its entire life.

3. There must be eyewitnesses to the attack.

4.*The person must die from their wounds (bites are generally not considered attacks according to the biologists

thus the so called "attack" wasn't an attack at all. True lies.
JFC have you hugged your wolf today?
Old 10-02-2015, 10:18 AM
Hat Trick

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulie View Post
I'm sorry to inform you this but there has never been a documented case of a wolf attacking a human, and here why: in order for it to be an official documented wolf attack the following must be done

And.... this ^^^^^ is actually untrue. 30 seconds of looking shows your lack of knowledge on what you're talking about. Of course, we already knew that. .... "True lies" seems so ironic now. Though I doubt you'd be able to see it.

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/35913715/n...laska-village/

http://www.hcn.org/issues/315/16084

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._North_America

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/27...-in-minnesota/
Old 10-02-2015, 10:21 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wall-i-Lama View Post
While I understand that nobody has ever been attacked by a wolf (based on some obtuse definition)......here is a listing of people that have been attacked by wolves. .

A few fatal and fairly extensive list of non fatal wolf attacks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List..._North_America
After reading the info on this list all I could think of is WOW!
Interesting read!

THX
Old 10-02-2015, 11:21 AM
Wallhanger

"Wolves are members of the meat-eating canine family that includes coyotes, foxes and even the domesticated dog, which is believed to have descended from the wolf. Biologists don't know for sure what triggered the attack on Berner but say it could be a combination of opportunity, hunger and instinct.
Mech said Berner's relatively slight build and the fact that she was running may also have made her a target of prey.
"Wolves are very much like dogs in a lot of respects. Things that are running, they have tendency to want to chase them," he said."

"Wolves will take advantage of any opportunity they are presented with,"

"In Chignik Lake, those who grew up in the village remember legends warning children to never look in the eye of a wolf and never speak of the "evil" that possessed them"
Old 10-02-2015, 01:43 PM
Keeper

Justfish'n:
What do you find when you go into wolf territory? I would imagine you'd find wolf sign. Probably tracks, scat, and more than likely blood. Maybe even a wolf. I don't know if he's lying or not, don't care, just very skeptical.
Old 10-02-2015, 03:36 PM
Wallhanger

the wolf center by Ely mentions the lack of attacks of humans. However, the archives that almost no one looks at have a number of incidents that I would consider an attack.