Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
trailer pulls hard - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosebleed View Post
Thanks for the advice but 50mph is dangerous on the interstates around here traffic is 75-80 so I need to do 68 to avoid being a hazard.

I'll get my brother to tow it with his tundra and we'll see what he gets.

The thing that doesn't add up in my head is that even on a medium down hill it never want's to coast it will decel when I let off. Seems like it should glide down hill. makes me wonder how much wind i'm pulling in and around the boat. I'm hopfull the tarp will help.

I checked the tires and they're rated 50max and they had- 46,46,41,37.5. set them to 50, sounds like maybe i should go more? they're new and not weather checked or anything. Maybe i could go 60psi

And as far as the motor looking big it IS! 600lbs. I'm glade the cowling is so V shaped. It's up there all alone in the wind on the road.
if it has surge brakes they could be applying slightly when you are going downhill. The weight of the trailer is pushing on the trailer ball, causing the brakes to apply.

really shouldn't happen, but it sometimes does. Maybe the master cylinder push-rod needs to be adjusted.

Pull over and feel the wheels with the brakes on them, they should be warm but not hot.

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.