Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Washed & Waxed. :-) - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Keeper

Hey!!, Wheres your rod holders...LOL!!!!

Looks good!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Wallhanger

It's a great feeling I just put in 4 days of solid work washing and waxing mine as well, installed a new terrova as well as a new antenna and stainless steel mount, vacumed it out twice etc, showroom clean, completely loaded it up and got it ready for fishing. First trip was awesome put 25 eyes in the boat and buddy got his personal best 12 pounder.

Looks sharp the satisfaction when your done is great, expecially when you lay the hammer down the first time.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:09 PM
Wallhanger

Thanks for all the positive words guys. I do have a question though. I didn't wax under the carpet yet...but not sure i should? also, there's some circular rust stains on the floor under the carpet from metal something...what can I use to get that out?

I took the carpet out, washed it and let dry. I'm going to vaccuum the whole boat next.

you guys should have seen the scum filth in the live wells. I swear the guy never even washed them out! But that's what I love about glass...it's easy to get clean.

I will do another full wax job on her next week. I even waxed the underbelly of that boat anywhere I could reach.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:20 PM
Charter Member

I have always been told not to wax the bottom of a boat, especially not the pad. Everything else is fair game.

I would like to try this cleaner to ensure old wax is removed, sounds like a good idea to me.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:24 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post
I have always been told not to wax the bottom of a boat, especially not the pad. Everything else is fair game.

I would like to try this cleaner to ensure old wax is removed, sounds like a good idea to me.

why not? basically if I could see it I waxed it. I wanted it all to be nice and shiney and new looking.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezman38 View Post

Acetone on a rag will remove the old wax best and its a fraction of the price, and quicker to do also. Either way will get good results.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxCanada View Post
why not? basically if I could see it I waxed it. I wanted it all to be nice and shiney and new looking.
Its been proven a non waxed boat hull is faster than a waxed hull due to the way water moves over the hull. I would think only racing boats is when it would really matter.
Old 03-23-2012, 02:03 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ellis View Post
That's the secondary safety straps hanging, it looks like the primary strap is tight. That boat looks SHARP! Great job.
I hope so.....

2019 Skeeter WX1910
Old 03-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Ellis View Post
Its been proven a non waxed boat hull is faster than a waxed hull due to the way water moves over the hull. I would think only racing boats is when it would really matter.
I have a friend that races sailboats and he doesn't wax the hull either...Says the boat is faster as water on water is faster as there is no drag as water on wax... AND that concludes the "sciencey" portion of our show...

Jinx, Ya done good!!

Rigs
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JinxCanada View Post
I was waiting for someone to bring this up

it has to do with surface tension

a unwaxed hull creates tiny bubbles and the water has a harder time grabbing it

not that you would notice the difference.

I would wax it too

Dad shot the little fellow.

Mary had a little pig.
Her father shot it dead.
Now it goes to school with her,
Between two hunks of bread.