Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Spent Sometime Learning About the Current Available Electronics - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 02-23-2012, 05:22 AM
Wallhanger

Default Spent Sometime Learning About the Current Available Electronics

Over the weekend I had the opportunty to learn about the current electronics available to the sport fisherman. A knowledgable person shared points about each unit. I came away with a better understanding of the features and benefits of the "brands". Let me make a couple of suggestions when looking to upgrade your electronics. Know your fishing style, personal restrictions like vision, how savey are you with changing and manuvering the keyboards or do you set it and leave it alone for example. All units have issues over time. My past experience with customer service related to marketing of electronic equipment not related to the fishing industry it is the approach when you ask for help. When issues arise, we become tense,combative and point fingers just by human nature, unknowingly taking it out on the other person on the line. Be calm and cordial ask how their day is going. Then share your concerns and try and meet at least half way. Use statements like "how can you help me" "what can I do to help you resolve this" "did i give you enough information" ask questions and listen to the answer. Tell them if your not happy with there reccomended resolution if your really not. Try and understand their side if you do the CS person may go the extra mile for you. Lastly, don't call on Monday morning......At the end of the day I came away feeling the sport angler is very fortunate to have a number of great brands to chose from, at times marketing and promotion has created unrealistic expectations of the product that can lead to a disapointed consumer. For what its worth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2012, 06:56 AM
Slot Fish

That is a very good observation Gary. Good advice too.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Charter Member

Default Good info

What Gary said. The best buyer is an educated one.
Advertisement