Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Attention - Password and Security Update - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Complaint Department > Walleye Central Complaints, Kudos, Suggestions Etc...

Old 06-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Administrator

Default Attention - Password and Security Update

Hey all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

Helena you can save the e-mail for me. I have zero interest in updating any passwords. If it's required i'll be gone. To bad because I enjoy some of the people here.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 PM
Administrator

I am sorry you feel that way, its is a very quick process and will take very little time. I hope you will reconsider leaving the site.

Thank you so much

~ Glenda
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Minnesota guy View Post
Helena you can save the e-mail for me. I have zero interest in updating any passwords. If it's required i'll be gone. To bad because I enjoy some of the people here.

Really? Bet you have a hard time getting through every day if a hiccup like this causes you so much trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

I get along just fine in life, thank you. I have much better things to do with my time then chase passwords around because this site can't keep it's self secure without that step. Will I be missed? I doubt it, I'm not that important and only add a few thousand clicks. If I liked the direction some of the things were going here I might make a bigger effort and maybe in the future I will. But for now when I need to log in that will be it. I'll still read the threads, if the site will allow it, I just won't be able to respond. Everybody here knows how to reach me if they wanted to.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:12 PM
Username

Default Email

I can not login under my username codyk. I no longer use the email associated with my login name. Please send the info for my password reset to codyk1984@gmail.com.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:32 PM
Dumbfounded

Default Can't log in

And haven't received any emails with instructions to change or update password
Old 06-15-2016, 09:32 PM
Locked out

Yup, I'm locked out as well.

Never got the email warning, And have tried to have the reset emailed to me and nothing yet.
Old 06-16-2016, 04:29 AM
yarcraft91-unlogged

I am locked out. I didn't know why until I stumbled across this thread. How do I reset my password if I can't log in? I tried the password reset option, but it asks for my email address and then refuses it?
Old 06-16-2016, 04:37 AM
yarcraft91-unlogged

I've been registered on this site so long, my account may point to an email address that I abandoned long ago. Of course, since I can't log in, I can't tell for certain. If I'd had any notice that the password change was coming, I would have made certain that my email address was up to date.

It's a poor sysadmin practice to invalidate user accounts without notice simply to accomplish a password reset.