Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2001 Lund Tyee 1850 Winshield - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 06-26-2012, 02:20 PM
Minnow

Default 2001 Lund Tyee 1850 Winshield

I took a rock to the passenger side curved window on my 2001 1850 Tyee. I tried the Lund and Taylor Made route and they are quoting me $3597 for both the left and right curved piece (will not sell separately). My insurance is telling me they will not cover glass. Ocean Dynamics can build me a Policast (plexiglass) one for $495, but not sure I want to go that route in case I sell the boat.

As a longshot I thought I would post on here and see if anyone by chance broke the driver side and just has the passenger side lying around.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 03:43 PM
Wallhanger

I have been around a bit with these windshield deals... and all I can say is...that Taylor price is by far the worst price I have ever heard.
Their price is always bad...but HOLY Moly!

It seems like it is always the passenger side...oncoming vehical throws the stone, etc.
Gosh... I hope you get lucky and find one.
Check Ebay, too.

Last edited by T Mac; 06-26-2012 at 03:45 PM.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Charter Member

Default Check with your insurance agent or adjuster

Cornman - if you had your boat hull insured, I've NEVER heard of hull coverage that excludes windshield glass....they knew you had a windshield when they insured your hull - if this is your agent telling you they don't cover glass, ask to have a staff adjuster contact you to inspect the damge and then review your coverage for you. Too much $$ at stake - and if they don't cover it, have them send you a denial letter quoting the policy language. Now your coverage would be subject to your deductible, though you could deal with that instead of the total cost of the replacement glass.

Good luck...and don't take your agent's word unless you've seen it yourself in your insurance policy - how can your insurance carrier write hull coverage for your Lund Tyee and NOT cover your windshield....what next, they won't cover your transom, or your keel ?

PM me if you have any questions on the above.

Rich B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2012, 09:35 PM
Charter Member

Took a rock to my 02 crestliner a couple years ago and my insurance covered it. Price was around $1k.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:31 PM
Minnow

Get one built out of Lexan. The driver side in my 215 has been Lexan for the last 4 years. The first one cost me $150 because they had to have the boat and build a template out of card board. After 4 years it was a little scratched and starting to yellow. Had a new one cut last week and it was $77. Lexan will never shatter and can take a rock like nothing. There is actually less distortion in the bend than the passenger side that is still glass.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:33 AM
Charter Member

X10 on Rich's comment.
Boat insurance covers EVERYTHING on and above the hull.
I echo Rich's comments.

REW
Old 07-03-2012, 07:10 AM
Charter Member

Default Lund windsheild

Check out Craig,s list , Lincoln , NE A Lund dealer that has several lund windsheilds that fit many models