Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
FLW League - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 01-02-2006, 09:54 PM
FLWquestion

Default FLW League

Do any of the FLW League participants or top league finishers qualify for the FLW Tour Championship in October?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2006, 08:00 AM
guess

Default RE: FLW League

yes top five are invited
Old 01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Juls_OH

That's incorrect. The top 50 Pros and Cos from the FLW Walleye Tour only go to the Tour Championship. The FLW Leagues have their own championship.

Juls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2006, 06:36 PM
guess

Jules i am correct. I have been invited to the tour championship 2 out 3 years i have been fishing the flw league.It clearly stated in the flw league rules that the top 5 boaters and amatures from the flw league championship invited to the flw tour championship and yes you are correct the flw league does also have a championship.The flw office calls all league qualifiers first weeks ahead of time to fill the past championships fields.For whatever reasons there also seems to be openings.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:26 PM
Juls_OH

Tell me how the only names that fished the championship are the same names that make up the top 50 of the Walleye Tour in year end standings...

Also, the Tour brochure says that only the top 50 Pros/Cos fish the Tour Championship. I also took a look at the League brochure and couldn't find it written anywhere that the top 5 League anglers go to the Tour Championship.

That know that was the case prior to 2005, but I can't find any evidence that that was the case last year.

Juls
Old 01-06-2006, 08:20 PM
guess

Ok i think your right on prior to 2005.Sorry here I thought my losy season last year was the reason i didnt get a call.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:32 PM
noguessin

guess,
the days of the RCL begging participants to fish the championship have been long gone. the first year in green bay seems a long time ago. i remember when the filed was a mix of "misfits" that qualified just because they had the correct boats. those days were fun, but they are gone.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:02 PM
Guesstttt

I hardly say 1 year is long gone.And also anyone can sign up for any flw tour event and fish the pro side with any type of boat all you have to have is the entry fee.Not much of a pre qualifier you think?
Old 01-09-2006, 12:22 PM
KTurner unlgd

Guest - I'm sure there are entries in the FLW Tour that might be there just because they have the money. Shouldn't that be allowed in the USA? Besides I've heard the true contenders like to refer to these folks as the "donators" and welcome their dollar. Or are you referring to the locals that take their fair share of winnings? Have you fished the FLW? I have as a co and was amazed at the talent. One thing I learned early on is that just because you haven't heard of them in your part of the country doesn't mean they aren't very strong where they come from. Need to do a little more research before accusing someone of not being a good angler regardless of what tour they are on. If you are a tournament angler yourself I'd think you'd give them credit for competing or does their financial success impair your ability to give them any credit at all...... Good luck fishing! Kurt