Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Tramping Lake trip (Northern Manitoba) - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Keeper

Default Tramping Lake trip (Northern Manitoba)

I will be taking some time away from the cottage at Sioux Narrows this June to meet my father and uncle for a fishing trip at Tramping Lake. My Dad is looking to land (C&R) his first trophy walleye.

We've never fished this lake and don't know where to begin. We'll be launching at the north end of the lake and I suspect that the action for mid-June is likely to be near the south end where the Grass River flows into Tramping Lake?? No clue, just guessing here...

Has anyone any experience with this lake? We're trout fishermen and terrible walleye fishermen!! I'm concerned about hitting rocks, too. I've fished nearby Reed Lake a few times and it is a minefield with reefs and such.

Our plan is to use 1/4 & 3/8 ounce orange or chartreuse jigs tipped with frozen minnows or gulp and possibly a few Lindy or spinner rigs. We figured we'd target the areas around the Grass River inlet but we have no experience with this lake and we might be way off. Have heard it is a phenomenal drive-to location for a trophy walleye.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can spare!