Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lund 1675 Impact - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 02-09-2017, 05:10 AM
Minnow

Default Lund 1675 Impact

Good Morning Everyone,

My head is starting to hurt due to boat shopping. I live on Lake Poygan WI. My delemia is do I wait another year and buy a Lund 1875 Impact, or buy a Lund 1675 Impact. Currently 90% of my fishing is Lake Poygan Dahh, and some fishing on smaller lakes up-nort. The plan is to retire in less than 10 years and buy a small cottage up nort. I would like to have a smaller boat for upnort but a big enough boat for Lake Poygan and Lake Winnebago. BTW I do not plan on fishing any of the great lakes or GB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 06:42 AM
Wallhanger

Default Lund 1675

I downsized from a 19 ft boat to the 1675 Impact. I fish Winnebago and smaller lakes. It is worthy of being on Winnebago but there are days I don't go out, but that was the case with my 19 ft also. I have had it out in some rough stuff and it felt very safe but I did not push it.

I think it is a great boat for its size.
Old 02-09-2017, 10:30 AM
Wallhanger

Bought a 2016 1675 Impact last August and fished Erie, DR, Lake Huron and inland lakes closer to home. No problem if you know how to handle a boat as it is wide and deep enough.

I wanted a 1875 but would not fit in the garage as wife veto's the switching out 2 of the 9ft single doors to an 18 for now.

Love the boat. Make sure you equip it with the higher end stuff and you will get most of your money out of it if you move up.

Mine came with some nice options but no electronics or TM. Added 80 lb Xi5 and HDS gen 3 with HD. Bought from Brian at BBG.com super deal. Moved over the Nissan 4 st 4hp. Also mounted my track system off last boat.

Definitely get the 90hp do not go less. Those are the boats that set on the sale boards when you move up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2017, 10:47 AM
Keeper

I have a 2013 1675 Impact and fish bago and GB quite a bit. I do try to pick my days paying close attention to weather forecasts. I'm sure one of these days I'm going to make the 2 hr trek and have to turn around, but it hasn't happened yet. Overall, the boat is very stable and handles the big water very well. Overall, I love the boats performance and it would be the perfect 'up nort' rig and would certainly suit your needs on bago if you weren't looking to get out there on the nasty days. As much as I like mine, I'm considering getting rid of it for a longer boat. I like fishing fall walleyes on GB and that fall weather is quite unpredictable....I'd like a 19-20' to span the swells if things get nasty and to have a kicker as back-up just in case.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:29 PM
Keeper

I also have a 1033 1675 with a 90hp. Very good boat and handles the waves well and keeps you pretty dry. Also nice tonfish the smaller lakes. Just make sure you get a bigger trolling motor.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:59 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo262 View Post
Good Morning Everyone,

My head is starting to hurt due to boat shopping. I live on Lake Poygan WI. My delemia is do I wait another year and buy a Lund 1875 Impact, or buy a Lund 1675 Impact. Currently 90% of my fishing is Lake Poygan Dahh, and some fishing on smaller lakes up-nort. The plan is to retire in less than 10 years and buy a small cottage up nort. I would like to have a smaller boat for upnort but a big enough boat for Lake Poygan and Lake Winnebago. BTW I do not plan on fishing any of the great lakes or GB
I think there is a big difference between the boat you want now and the boat that you could enjoy once you retire, especially if you live on or near a favorite fishing lake. Until you retire, fishing is likely a weekend and vacation activity, maybe after a long trek to the lake, and having a boat that will let you fish regardless of the conditions is important, aka the 1875 or larger. I am just retiring this year, and my 1660 Pro V is all I want, I almost never go further than 50 miles and mostly just fish the lake that is 15 minutes away. I hate getting beat up on the water anyways, so I only fish when the conditions decent.
Old 02-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Wallhanger

I put a LOT of Lake Erie and Ontario water behind my 16'-4" Grumman that had a 84" beam powered by a Johnson 50 hp VRO over 30 years.

I fished a lot of tournaments with that boat and placed 5 years in a row in the Southtowns Walleye Tournament on Lake Erie. Not all those days were as calm as I would of liked but once the waves were over 4' I would troll back toward the harbor before it got bad.

A 16' deep boat with a large beam is a ideal fishing boat IMHO for most lakes and even the Great Lakes with a experienced captain.
Lowrance HDS7 Gen 2 Touch unit networked to a LMS 520c
Lowrance Engine Interface cable
Minn Kota Power Drive V2 US2 now with i-Pilot
Custom designed and built rod holders
Custom designed and built down rigger platforms
All towed with my Trusty G2 '07 Toyota Tundra