Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
pointing labs - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Hunting Dogs and dogs in general

Old 03-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Minnow

Default pointing lab breeder

google turkey creek labs in western mn, i have been there, don't own one yet, seems like a class act.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 11:54 AM
Minnow

Try Sauk River Retrievers in Osakis, MN. Good dogs and the people are even better! David and Jane are great to work with, I have a 13 month old male out of one of their litters, had him do some training with him last summer/fall too!
Old 03-24-2012, 12:43 PM
Keeper

Send a pm, I'll see if I can help. I've hunted over pointing labs for 20 years.

houndog
Old 04-14-2012, 02:23 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by drake54 View Post
I have a 10 year old best friend black lab, I know time is coming to find his replacement. Does anyone have a recomendation for a breeder of pointing labs?
http://www.cashmankennels.com/puppy.html

I have a 1.5 yr old from Trooper - and so does a buddy - great all around dogs

Hunted SD last year 4x dogs did great, my older lab started pointing so I wanted to get another dog that would also.

In comment to the post that said to get a pointer - it is nice to have a dog that will hunt upland and waterfowl equally as well and also bring a bird back after you shoot it
Old 04-15-2012, 09:37 PM
Wallhanger

Smile

Yes sir, you are right. That dog is called a German Wirehaired Pointer. They will do all that you said, plus they are a real bird dog!! They actually POINT!!! not just a Retriever. Wiredog
Old 04-16-2012, 08:53 PM
Minnow

Maybe - but I want to be able to look at my dog and not laugh at it
They are good dogs - buddy has one - still take a lab.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Keeper

Default Large Munsterlander

https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...1&d=1334702354
Old 11-14-2012, 01:27 AM
Slot Fish

Thumbs up Good choice

I had a chocolate that would out point any other bird dog I put him up against. I really enjoyed watching him work, locking up on a bird, circling around to cut off runners, me listening to the POINTERS owners mumbling when ole' Buddy would point on a bird that their dog had by-past on their way to the other side of the county. If you get lucky enough to be graced as I was, with a lab that points, and ejoys hunting as much as you do, it is truley amazing. Good luck. P.S. Buddy was not from a "pointing lab " lab bloodline , if that matters any. I bought some birds when he was a pup, ( 4 mths ) set them in the field, and from that day on he knew exactly what to do.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:54 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
I had a chocolate that would out point any other bird dog I put him up against. I really enjoyed watching him work, locking up on a bird, circling around to cut off runners, me listening to the POINTERS owners mumbling when ole' Buddy would point on a bird that their dog had by-past on their way to the other side of the county. If you get lucky enough to be graced as I was, with a lab that points, and ejoys hunting as much as you do, it is truley amazing. Good luck. P.S. Buddy was not from a "pointing lab " lab bloodline , if that matters any. I bought some birds when he was a pup, ( 4 mths ) set them in the field, and from that day on he knew exactly what to do.
This post is so foolish that its not worth a comment!!! Wiredog
Old 11-14-2012, 08:43 PM
Wallhanger

Default Pointing Labs

This makes me so sad...bringing back memories of my old pointing lab. Born in Oct 93 Passed in June 08. He came from a combination of Blackhawk and Clearwater if my memory serves me correctly. I can say that his ability to point was outstanding, it is far from a myth, labs can point and point well.

Rest in Peace Zach's Tarkanian Rebel (TARK)!
Hummibird 898