Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
A Tournament Family Member Needs Our Prayers! - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 02-20-2012, 05:49 PM
tim abraham

hope to see you back fishin and in good health this year
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 09:36 PM
ivyseelhoff@hotmail.com

Default Update on Ron Seelhoff

I think it is an apporpriate time that I can let everyone know just exactly whats going on with my Dad... He had Thyroid Cancer in which spread to his voicebox (lrynx), vocal cords, lymphnodes, and the cartilage in his jaw line.... They had to remove his voicebox, vocal cords and lymphnodes. They are pretty certain they have gotten all of the cancer, although they have found a few spots on his lungs that may be more caner or just some spots due to the dust ect. We will find out the answer to that when radiation begins. He has a permenant stoma, and no longer has his voice. This means he will no longer breath out of his nose or mouth and his sense of taste of smell have been greatly lost. He will hopefully get an artificial voice prosthesis. This has affected his life in a huge way and he is having a very tuff time adjusting. He is on an all liquid no iodine or dairy diet. Radation will begin on March 1st... Again we could use all of the support possible. Cards of inspiration to keep moving on, are always welcome! I thank you all for your support and prayers and please continue! Its because of his fans, his family and friends, his grandaughter that he will make it through this. Not being able to talk to his dogs, and work them like he did is having a huge impact on him. They dont want him on the water incase he falls off the boat.. but I dont think that will hold him down... Again thank you all so much and anything you can do to help would be greatly appreciated.
A special thank you to Steve for putting this prayer chain up!
P.o box 318
Oshkosh Ne, 69154 Please do not send anything but your goodness! Godbless and good night!
Old 02-20-2012, 11:31 PM
provost

Default ron..

Thinking of you Ron and sending prayers your way...Nate, jenn, david, and brooklynne
Old 02-21-2012, 05:14 AM
Super Moderator

Thank you for the update, Ivy. I'm sure his condition is pretty depressing, it would be for anyone, but tell him this for me....from a woman's perspective...

A man who can't speak is pretty darn sexy! Ha! So, tell him he's got that going for him now. hehehe

I know he's got a great sense of humor, so I'm hoping he hasn't lost that too.

One day at a time, Ron....one day at a time. You'll adjust....it's still WAY better than the alternative.

Thinking of you and wishing you the best....

Love and kisses,

Juls
NPAA#89
Guide (Lake Erie Western Basin)
Vexus DVX22 Merc 400 Verado
Humminbird Helix 12s
MinnKota Terrova 112
Old 02-21-2012, 05:55 AM
jshoemaker

Default legend

Ron, you just hooked into a 13lb walleye and it's fighting really, really, hard. Fight Back! Show us all why you are the all-time best troller to ever fish.
I must add, I consider myself lucky to be 1 of the "kids" you talked to on Tour. Thank you for any and all of ur wisdom.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:26 AM
chad schilling

Default great man

Ron, I know you will beat this just like you beat all of us continuously throughout the years. My fishing career would not have been near as much fun if you and Dufus weren't there to make me laugh along the way. More importantly, to make me laugh in the future. Quick recovery man. You grumpy old fart my thoughts and prayers are with you..
chad schilling
Old 02-21-2012, 03:40 PM
Charter Member

Thank You Ivy! Your dad is a amazing man! Remember you have his genes to fight the fight. I met you , mom & dad at the PWT Championship in Madison, Wis years ago. Letter going to Dad.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:25 PM
Walizz1

Thanks for the update Ivy. As former competitors on the Pro and Am sides of the PWT, my wife Ginny and I have known your Wonderful Father for a long time. He's a pretty tough guy with a soft heart. Please give him our kindest regards and our encouragement to fight the fight.

Thanks to Steve for letting us know of the situation. We are thinking of Ron daily and all our prayers go out to Ron and his family. The doggies too!!!!!!!!!

Dale and Ginny Frank
Old 02-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Charter Member

I for one, will dedicate EVERY walleye I ever catch on lead-core line the rest of my fishing life, to Ron Seelhoff!! Please join me everyone.....

Thanks Ivy! Send our love to your dad and give him a BIG hug from all us at Lake Mille Lacs.

I truly cherish all the memories.....it just ain't fair!!
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
sf1954@embarqmail.com or 651-270-3383 cell#
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

Just sayin'----

Ron sure will need some $$ to buy more shadraps! Surely, with all the medical bills and not being able to earn $$ for a while, we all could help by sending at least 2-3 shadraps worth ( or more)of $$ his way. Just sayin'.

As I said, Ron Seelhoff is one of the pioneers of what this WC board is made of. Just sayin'. Please think about as you reel in the next lead-core caught walleye.
Steve Fellegy #49
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about the things that matter. MLK
sf1954@embarqmail.com or 651-270-3383 cell#