Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
choosing tires - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Trailers and Tow Vehicles

Old 03-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Minnow

We took the boat out and the tires ran good and i could tell a difference with the new tires. The side walls were stiffer which made pulling the boat nicer. We only went about 100 miles round trip with about 15 of that on gravel roads so it was a good break in period. I really appreciate all the feed back and these tires will not be on for as long as the last ones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2017, 07:37 PM
Minnow

Smile

Kenda loadstar radials, and priced right. We've put them on everything we own from 14K deckover, horse, and boat trailers. Great tires never has issues with them lasting, or staying together at interstate speeds.
Old 03-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Wallhanger

I went with kumho trailer tires. They have diffrent sizing so you need to go down one step in size. Even then they are slightly bigger then stock. I have a single axle with a almost 19 foot boat. I wanted a D rated tire with a higher speed rating. Since most of the interstates in Wisconsin are now 70 mph. Allot of the C rated tires have 65 speed ratings. I towed for a year including some one way 6.5 hour trips. I am very happy with the tires.

Last edited by Snowking; 03-11-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2017, 09:02 AM
Wallhanger

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Runr Guy View Post

AWESOME....Thanks for the Heads Up !!!
Old 03-17-2017, 11:45 AM
Slot Fish

I just bought Carlisles this weekend and discovered two small dents (not bulges) in the sidewall of one tire. Should I have this tire replaced. If so, I hope discount tire doesn't give me the run-around.
Old 03-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Charter Member

Willey,
Any time that you feel uncomfortable with a product, take the product back to the store and discuss your options with the manager for mutual satisfaction.

Be safe