Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Don't dump minnows in the lake after fishing - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 12-22-2005, 08:09 AM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Don't dump minnows in the lake after fishing

What bothers me about this guest is that he #1) didn't obey Minnesota law, and #2) he went against your wishes. I agree with your choice to not fish with this guest again.

The other part that is bothersom is that transporting sticklebacks is also illegal for bait handlers if I am not mistaken. They too are considered an invasive species. You as the buyer are not at fault, but pointing it out to your bait dealer should at minimum make him/her raise an eyebrow.

As for fishing without bait, sure you can do that. But if you are fishing with bait, that bait rarely gets off, and then if it does, it is usually injured enough that it will not survive...thus no harm to the system. You dump a bunch of healthy minnows that don't belong in those waters and that could create a problem that does not show up for years.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2005, 05:26 AM
Seaguar

I dont know anything about the laws regarding sticklebacks, but I do know pikes love em. If I was gonna fish for pike on purpose(not very Likely), I would ask the baitshop guy for the biggest sticklebacks he had. I dont know if they smell good or make a lot of vibration, but when I used to use the things I would always catch pike.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:30 AM
Seaguar

I forgot this too. I wouldnt take the guy again either. Anyone who is a guest and purposely goes against your wishes is an idiot, and deserves to stay home with the women. Be it minnows or stealing my Butterfinger. When you are a guest you play by the hosts rules.