Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Anyone using Sunline SuperNatural Mono? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Strictly Fishing

Old 12-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Charter Member

Myself and our other Walleye 101 charter captains do use Sunline Super Natural Mono exclusively for trolling on Lake Erie and Saginaw Bay, and this is my 5th full season using it. The first season I used it on my boat along with my two other favorite trolling lines Berkley Sensation and Maxima. After that season I was very confident in letting others know about it, and we have many guys who have used it and love it.

A few things I like about the line:

1. Low diameter to strength-16lb Sunline Super Natural has the same diameter as 10lb Berkley XT so my depth curves are the same, lure action is maximized and lots of line on reel or the ability to use smaller, lighter line counters.
2. Low stretch-one of the lowest stretch monos on the market, a great feature for trolling
3. Knot strength-excellent WET knot strength
4. Low Memory-does not "Coil" after being on the reel for a long time
5. Value-a 3300yd spool retails for around $50, a pretty good value in the fishing line world.

There was a small issue with some of the large spools a short time ago and it was all contained in a single "run" at the plant. If you had bad line and returned it, the dealer should have replaced it, and like PapaScott said there were no problems aftwards.

Tight Lines

Lance Valentine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 05:00 PM
Keeper

Like many Japanese lines, the rated test is very close to the real test strength. That way, the real diameter looks smaller. I use their 10 pound tests on my finesse topwater rod. I mentally call it 8 pound test, and the result is very accurate. I like it.