Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
2016 GTG Where, when and who? - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Wallhanger

Just in case.

http://tigermuskyresort.com/

Al
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2016, 04:19 PM
Wallhanger

Okay, we went ahead and booked a cabin for the weekend. Looking forward to it!
Old 07-21-2016, 01:08 PM
Wallhanger

Getting closer, anybody else thinking of going??

Al
Old 07-21-2016, 03:59 PM
Wallhanger

Location: Land of 10,000 lakes, even more taxes and the state where the police are handcuffed.

We need hotter weather.
Old 08-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Slot Fish

Considering attending, would probably have a buddy with me, just can't commit yet at this time.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Wallhanger

Just spent a week up at the flowage. The water is high right now and I did not hit my prop once so that is the good news.

The bad news is the walleye fishing was terrible. I got 1 the entire week. Talked to people at the campground and 2 different bait shops and they all said walleyes have been very tough over the summer. Said even the guides were having a rough time. They are holding out hope the fall bite will be better and that could come when the water level drops.

One thing that could be a major PITA for anyone who attends. For those who don't know the only way to go west side to east side or vice versa on the flowage is under the bridge at CR-CC near The Landing resturant. A bog has been present near that bridge for the last few years and it has moved even further into the bridge making it very difficult to move from east to west.

I have a 98 Alumacraft Tournament pro 170 and I used my trolling motor to move under the bridge. I absolutely smashed into the bog once and this resulted in my rear left corner of the boat hitting rocks (no damage thankfully). It is at best 5 feet deep there, gets very shallow quick, and are several large rocks in there. I really think guys with bigger boats might have some trouble getting though there especially when the water begins to drop.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:00 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black98TransAM View Post
Just spent a week up at the flowage. The water is high right now and I did not hit my prop once so that is the good news.

The bad news is the walleye fishing was terrible. I got 1 the entire week. Talked to people at the campground and 2 different bait shops and they all said walleyes have been very tough over the summer. Said even the guides were having a rough time. They are holding out hope the fall bite will be better and that could come when the water level drops.

One thing that could be a major PITA for anyone who attends. For those who don't know the only way to go west side to east side or vice versa on the flowage is under the bridge at CR-CC near The Landing resturant. A bog has been present near that bridge for the last few years and it has moved even further into the bridge making it very difficult to move from east to west.

I have a 98 Alumacraft Tournament pro 170 and I used my trolling motor to move under the bridge. I absolutely smashed into the bog once and this resulted in my rear left corner of the boat hitting rocks (no damage thankfully). It is at best 5 feet deep there, gets very shallow quick, and are several large rocks in there. I really think guys with bigger boats might have some trouble getting though there especially when the water begins to drop.

I was up there for a week in July. That bog was all over the place from day to day, hour to hour. With the high water, the thing doesn't anchor anywhere, and blows with the wind. If they drop the water level and the thing settles, I hope it will be in a spot where it will not be a problem for boaters trying to get under the bridge.

We got stuck on the wrong side of the lake a couple of years ago, on a Friday late afternoon. Luckily for us, we had peeps on the other side who were able to get my trailer and meet us at the Big Musky Resort to pull the boat and drive back over land. Nice folks there. They didn't charge us to use their ramp.

I hope the talk about hazards and bogs don't scare anyone off. They are there, but most of the flowage is plenty deep and hazard-free. With the electronics on the boats today, it's easy to see where it is safe to navigate, and where you should avoid. I've been in areas over the last five years that I would have never gone in before I got the GPS with lake maps. Never even a ding on the prop.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:18 PM
Wallhanger

Last year the water was really low but getting under the bridge was easy. People say that bog moves and I'm sure it does but I was there for 8 days and it did not move at all and the wind was blowing out of the east for the first few days. Overall I don't worry too much about navigating the flowage
Old 08-29-2016, 10:07 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black98TransAM View Post
Last year the water was really low but getting under the bridge was easy. People say that bog moves and I'm sure it does but I was there for 8 days and it did not move at all and the wind was blowing out of the east for the first few days. Overall I don't worry too much about navigating the flowage
Here are a couple of pics of that nuisance from July, 2014. They were still building the Rte. CC bridge at the time, and the bog was moving in quickly to block it. This year, high water again, and it moved around a lot. But, we were never blocked from the bridge this year.

I stuck in a nice sunset shot for good measure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0256.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	226218   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0257.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	226226   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0200.JPG
Views:	114
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	226234  

Last edited by Waterboy12; 08-29-2016 at 10:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 07:47 AM
Wallhanger

If we're staying at Tiger how much water is available to fish without going under bridge if that is blocked?

I'd assume maybe most will be fishing walleyes and crappies, then muskys and bass..maybe.

Al