Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Monster Perch - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Ice Fishing - Mainly a winter sport > Ice Fishing

Old 02-28-2016, 07:46 PM
Slot Fish

Default Monster Perch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfZaC5-GeJA

Bucket List Ice Fishing Adventure to one of the current Jumbo Perch producing lakes. I couldn't wait any longer and gathered up the wife and kids, a bunch of Jaw Jackers, Jaw Jacker rods and drove the 10 hours to the lake. This was some of the toughest fishing I've ever done. I was hiking onto the lake and covering about 6 miles a day pulling all my gear to get on and off the ice. Luckily it all came together and I scored my biggest perch ever a 15.75" 2.24 Pound giant. What an amazing day and beautiful place to go fishing.

I was lucky to score on the first day because day number two I could barely see the road driving to the lake because it was snowing and blowing harder than I have ever experienced before! Luckily I got to the shore and waited a few minutes and as the sun came up in died down. So got out there and fishing was a lot slower... covered many more miles and only picked up a fish or two every spot I tried and biggest were only around 13.5 inch.

The last day I didn't even go out because it snowed all day and night and there was ten cm of heavy wet snow on the ice... I just couldn't fathem dragging my sled miles in heavy wet snow so I went skiing with the family instead... fresh turns!

Hope you guys enjoy the video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-29-2016, 07:29 AM
Wallhanger

Very cool. I just wish we had a lake around with no one on it like that! Well done.