Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Blackhawks - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 02-25-2015, 07:30 AM
Wallhanger

Default Blackhawks

I heard from a friend that part of the reason the Blackhawks have been on the skids lately is because they have really been rattled by the deaths of 35 year old ex Blackhawk Steve Montador, and the 34 year old equipment manager Clint Reif. The hockey community is a pretty tight knit group. The memorial service for Montador was only 24 hours before the Bruins game last Sunday. There were no @ss chewings after the game like many would have thought, the players are still plenty rattled by it all. They will come out of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriksat1 View Post
I heard from a friend that part of the reason the Blackhawks have been on the skids lately is because they have really been rattled by the deaths of 35 year old ex Blackhawk Steve Montador, and the 34 year old equipment manager Clint Reif. The hockey community is a pretty tight knit group. The memorial service for Montador was only 24 hours before the Bruins game last Sunday. There were no @ss chewings after the game like many would have thought, the players are still plenty rattled by it all. They will come out of it.
yes - the rumor mill has been churning out all sorts of things. I think players are more connected to equipment guys in hockey than other sports. Guys needs skates to sharpened 'just so', sticks taped 'just how I like it' - that kinda thing. So there was a strong bond/trust. Rief's suicide stunned EVERYONE. Then add the Montador suicide on top of that. There are other 'rumors' - mostly around 'trading scenarios'. And others you can speculate.

I think Kane's loss with force the front office to make some moves earlier than they wanted....the moves may not be monumental but they really need strength in Center.. since last year. Big moves are still coming. Will #10 being wearing a puke green jersey??
Old 02-25-2015, 08:01 AM
Keeper

Teravanien has been recalled from Rockford. The injury to Kane is bad--I'm hearing collarbone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 08:41 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleye2112 View Post
Teravanien has been recalled from Rockford. The injury to Kane is bad--I'm hearing collarbone.
Teravanien up just up for several weeks when Versteeg was out. I like the kid - still needs for strength and meat on his bones. But he can skate and can make clean passes.

I think the injury is all speculation at this point - the NHL plays the 'upper body', lower body' mis-information game. We prolly won't know for sure until the season is over. If it is a broken collar bone then Kane is gonna get hit in the collar bone a million times when he gets back.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:24 AM
Super Moderator

Sounds like Kane will be out 6-10 weeks
http://espn.go.com/chicago/nhl/story...er-body-injury