Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lac Suel Houseboat Rental?? - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 07-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Wallhanger

Default Lac Suel Houseboat Rental??

Has anyone used this Outfitter:

"Sioux Lookout Floating Lodges"?
Pro's ..... Con's
Any info is greatly appreciated...
HDS 8 Gen 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 05:46 PM
Wallhanger

Default Lac Seul Houseboat Rental

As much as my buddy and I tried, we could never get enough people to consider renting a houseboat. Too expensive for two guys and two kids.
With that said, we have been staying at Whitewing Resort on Lac Seul - near Ear Falls.
They have two houseboats that are clean, well powered, and spacious enough for a larger group.
Dave and Bobbie run a great camp and I'll bet their houseboat program or rental would be something you'd enjoy.
Check them out on the web.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:17 PM
Keeper

Have never pulled the trigger and gone out on a houseboat trip either, but we have talked about it many times. We have watched a group of guys who post on youtube their summer trips using LSFL boats. They are a hoot to watch and gets us considering a trip like that too. It would be nice to be beached closer to fishing spots, but we just can seem to get more pros than cons considering the digs we stay in now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2014, 07:49 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimirjr View Post
Has anyone used this Outfitter:

"Sioux Lookout Floating Lodges"?
Pro's ..... Con's
Any info is greatly appreciated...
Jimirjr:

10 years self guided up to the Chamberlain Narrows area using SLFL. I think we talked last fall about options you were considering for this year. Send me a PM with any questions and I'll be happy to help out.

PjShorthorn
Old 08-01-2014, 09:05 PM
Minnow

Default houseboat rentals

took a trip using them 2 years ago. in a nutshell awesome! there werent really any negatives for us. just a couple of things to know and consider. one we underestimated the total cost of gas for the week. we wanted to stay near chamberlin narrows but only went as far as bear narrows. we were towing 3 boats. i cant remember the exact cost of the gas for the round trip but it was alot. we each brought 2 five gallon gas cans for our own boats which helped out. lac seul is vast. you will make some big runs. the houseboat was as nice as if not nicer than most of the cabins i've stayed in. the other thing is we used a driver both ways and he put us on not the most desirable shore. when we tied up the lake was like glass and no one thought better. however when any wind picked up it was a little rough. the owners were very pleasant to deal with and i felt they were appreciative of our business. fishing was very good for walleyes and smallmouths. muskies were not cooperating. you got to go to wapesi for muskies. all in all great trip just as someone said it can be pricier than some others but you are right in the middle of the fishing areas.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Minnow

hey morganman the guys on you tube are they the falkowski's? if so i agree! we actually went on our trip after watching them. they seemed to have more fun than us however
Old 08-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1775 View Post
hey morganman the guys on you tube are they the falkowski's? if so i agree! we actually went on our trip after watching them. they seemed to have more fun than us however
Yep, it's the Falkowskis! Some of their video crack me up. Some funny stuff. They seem to do well just fishing off the back of the boat in the evenings??
Old 08-02-2014, 08:12 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganMan View Post
Yep, it's the Falkowskis! Some of their video crack me up. Some funny stuff. They seem to do well just fishing off the back of the boat in the evenings??
Yes Sir, HB'ing can and WILL be an (learning) adventure... lol!
We know better now, But the first trip We took (around 15 years ago) found Us facing West in a very tiny bay.... well, the wind came up directly into the back of the HB, banging the propane tanks ALL nite long and pushing Us on to shore so tight... We were stuck GOOD...
Thankfully, We got Ourselves "unstuck" after a bit of brainstorming and leveraging...
NOW, we always 'scout out" potential landing areas with the small boats BEFORE we beach the HB....
AND... We always make sure those docking ropes are tied securely and TIGHTLY to the trees...
The Falkowski's go up very early in the year... I believe that is why They do so well off the back of the HB's... as a lot of fish are still cruising the shallow bay areas...
PLUS... They know what They are doing.... !!
HDS 8 Gen 1

Last edited by jimirjr; 08-02-2014 at 08:15 AM.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Minnow

Default Good outfit

My group has used this group (SLFL) for 24 years now and I really can't complain. You need a group of guys (or folks) to make it work $$ wise but, it lets you go where ever you want to go on this awesome fishery. Owners are easy to deal with and equipment is kept in good working order.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjshorthorn View Post
Jimirjr:

10 years self guided up to the Chamberlain Narrows area using SLFL. I think we talked last fall about options you were considering for this year. Send me a PM with any questions and I'll be happy to help out.

PjShorthorn

PAT.... PM sent.
HDS 8 Gen 1