Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Top rated walleye lakes-Ontario ??? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 12-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Mike

Default RE: Top rated walleye lakes-Ontario ???

John, I fogot to mention it earlier but the Pike fishing is great the first week of July on Lac Seul. We fish the weedbeds with 3/4 oz spinner baits and have had many 200 Pike days per boat on Lac Seul. The colors that worked the best for us are white,chartreuse,red and combos of each. We like double willow leaf blades in Gold or Silver. We fish out of Lac Seul Lodge and stay at Black Bay Outpost Camp....this part of the Lake has been great for us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2002, 11:19 AM
Minnow

:) Thanks for the info Mike. Lac Seul sounds great. I would like to try the outpost but I would have to talk my wife into that. I promised her american plan or at least evening meals out. I've located a resort close to the one you stayed at. They have meals and really nice boats with padded swivel seats. When you've had a lot of birthdays you need more comfort. Now I'll have to make a decision on where to go. Maybe I'll try another lake also. I should have stated in my post that I was wanting northwest ontario. By the way I live in Des Moines. It must be illegal to have double beds in canada, because all most all resorts only have single beds. I'll bet the resort owners don't sleep on single beds.
Old 12-16-2002, 12:46 PM
Mike

John, There is a Lodge on Lac Seul that sounds like it might meet your requirements. Silver Water Wheel Lodge is has Amercian Plan and is located on a great part of Lac Seul to fish. I believe they have full Guide service avaliable and I know they have a great reputation for fishing and service. They have a website ...just type in Silver Water Wheel Lodge....GOOD LUCK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2002, 02:58 PM
Wallhanger

Walleye Insider rates Lake St. Joseph in it's top 5 walleye lakes. Check out www. oldpost.com for a great place to stay.

Fred
Old 12-16-2002, 03:44 PM
hoosiercanadian

White Otter, isn't it north west of Atikokan, where the White Otter castle is located, didn't realize it was such a good walleye lake.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:01 PM
Minnow

Darn you Fred-G, now you've given me something else to consider. This place sounds fabulous. I may have to spend the whole summer in Ontario. Ha-Ha
Old 12-16-2002, 05:15 PM
one for seed

is there a map or web site or any thing with a picture/drawing of a lake on it AND all of the lodges that are on the lake also indicated?
examples ;lac seul,gull rock,st joseph,eagle lake.(these lakes seem to have a significant number of lodges on them.
in their brochures they never mention that there are any other lodges on the lake.
i've been trying for 11/2 years to find some thing with this info and haven't come up with it yet...
some one should publish something like this.i think it would sure help out some one trying to find the RIGHT place to spend their money.
any one out there got any suggestions?

"one for seed"
jim/co
Old 12-16-2002, 05:46 PM
Minnow

FROM WALLEYE INSIDER: MARCH 2000
#1 - LAKE ERIE
#2 - BAY OF QUINTE
#3 - LAKE ST. CLAIR
#4 - LAKE ST. JOSEPH
#5 - QUETICO PROVINCIAL PARK
#6 - LAC SEUL
#7 - RED LAKE AND THE INTERCONNECTING GULLROCK AND KEG LAKES
#8 - RAINY RIVER
#9 - LAKE OF THE WOODS
#10 - THE ENGLISH RIVER SYSTEM
I HAVE SEEN NO LISTING OF THE TOP TEN WALLEYE WATERS NEWER THAN THIS ISSUE. IF ANYONE HAS, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE, SO I CAN SEE IT ALSO. THANKS.

Old 12-16-2002, 06:37 PM
hoosiercanadian

one for seed , go to www. heartland.on.ca you can order a free map of northwestern ontario that has a complete list of lodges,camps,campgrounds,etc. the web site also has lots of other info.
Old 12-16-2002, 06:47 PM
hoosiercanadian

The midwest outdoors is also a great magazine with alot of info on canadian fishing lodges, the january issue may even contain the map I spoke of in my previous post. They feature a Canada Fever section during the winter months, I love it. Pick up a copy. And no I don't work for this magazine.