Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
PWT Pro Entry Fees and Payouts??? - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 12-15-2004, 04:14 PM
Gary Parsons

Default RE: PWT Pro Entry Fees and Payouts???

There is a PWT Advisory Council meeting tomorrow and this issue will be discussed. It was discussed last year along with many other issues and it seems that the issues that were non money related were changed and improved very dramatically. Money issues seemed to be ignored. The NPAA had a strong representation last year and will again tomorrow. The fishermen have to realize that we are the market and will be pushed to the limit if allowed, but as stated earlier it seems that there are many who would take over the places of those who have worked hard to build their names and reputations. Face it, we fish in their business world, both the PWT and FLW. If we don't like it we can only try to negotiate or start our own business world. Hopefully tomorrows negotiation will be a good one and good things will happen. If not there is always tomorrow and this business does not have to stay working the same way forever.
Gary Parsons
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Gary,
thanks for the comments. It's good to hear that the NPAA will be at that meeting. I personally don't fish tournament for a myriad of different reasons. However, I do think they have been great for the industry for the most part. So it pains me somewhat to see the fishermen and women get stepped on so to speak. It is very reminiscent of farmers where they are being slapped around by the big grain buyers and they get away with it because the farmers can't really get united. This happens for many reasons, mostly, like fishing, financial situations intefere. Anyway, I hope everything can get worked out with the PWT and they see fit to look out for you guys.
Old 12-15-2004, 06:01 PM
Charter Member

Gary,
thanks for the comments. It's good to hear that the NPAA will be at that meeting. I personally don't fish tournament for a myriad of different reasons. However, I do think they have been great for the industry for the most part. So it pains me somewhat to see the fishermen and women get stepped on so to speak. It is very reminiscent of farmers where they are being slapped around by the big grain buyers and they get away with it because the farmers can't really get united. This happens for many reasons, mostly, like fishing, financial situations intefere. Anyway, I hope everything can get worked out with the PWT and they see fit to look out for you guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 PM
cool

gary, you sum it up very well. the fact that the guys who built the PWT may not be able to keep paying the "increased" freight is a valid concern. i would rather see the established pros reap the benefits of their hard work versus some new guy that just happens to have the financial means to participate at the increased entry fee levels. thanks for the comments.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:26 PM
cool

gary, you sum it up very well. the fact that the guys who built the PWT may not be able to keep paying the "increased" freight is a valid concern. i would rather see the established pros reap the benefits of their hard work versus some new guy that just happens to have the financial means to participate at the increased entry fee levels. thanks for the comments.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Deep Throat

Thanks Gary,

I'm sure that the NPAA is doing everything possible. You ARE the ONLY united voice that we have at this time.

I'd hate to see the day come when we would have to have a tournament union. Before that would happen I'd rather see other alternatives. Trying to work with the PWT, MWC and FLW on issues and getting resolution is the healthiest solution for now. Maybe the day will come when organizations like the NPAA will have to offer their own Tournament Series. Competition is good for all of us.
Old 12-16-2004, 07:40 AM
Deep Throat

Thanks Gary,

I'm sure that the NPAA is doing everything possible. You ARE the ONLY united voice that we have at this time.

I'd hate to see the day come when we would have to have a tournament union. Before that would happen I'd rather see other alternatives. Trying to work with the PWT, MWC and FLW on issues and getting resolution is the healthiest solution for now. Maybe the day will come when organizations like the NPAA will have to offer their own Tournament Series. Competition is good for all of us.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:08 PM
NPAA 54

I'd hate to see tournament union too, guaranteed payouts, good standard of living, good working conditions! Man it's almost unAmerican. Don't throw me into that briar patch, B'rer Bear!
Old 12-16-2004, 01:08 PM
NPAA 54

I'd hate to see tournament union too, guaranteed payouts, good standard of living, good working conditions! Man it's almost unAmerican. Don't throw me into that briar patch, B'rer Bear!
Old 12-17-2004, 05:20 PM
LMAO

Yes this is what we need union fishermen, we would have a bunch of over weight over payed lazy guys out fishing for a living. But hey they would all have good working conditions, like no fishing if the wind is over 10 mph. Or maybe the would have rain days, PLUS they would get over time to stand around by the stage after the days fishing! LOL thats just what this world needs!!!!!