Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Green Bay - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Members Fishing Reports

Old 08-27-2000, 05:09 PM
Minnow

Default Green Bay

Can I by chance get a fishing report for the Green Bay area?

Thank you.
---------
MD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2000, 07:21 AM
Raven

Default RE: Green Bay

My partner & I fished the USFA on Green Bay this weekend. We only had a 5lb'er for our efforts. Locations that some good weights came from where Horseshoe Reef and the Islands north of Monument Shoals. Top teams had high 40lbs for 8 fish. Wish I could offer more info, but I still need to learn alot more about fishing this great piece of water.
Old 08-29-2000, 07:10 AM
EYESON

My partner and I caught all our fish this weekend off of larsons reef on deep diveing husky jerks. We made the run to horse shoe reef but did not have any luck, but it didn't help that some how all our night crawlers disappeared. Crawler harneses seemed to work the best. Big blades in gold and silver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2000, 02:10 PM
Minnow

When you said that your crawlers disappeared what did you mean? We fished the tourney also and got ours stolen from bass and once in awhile they just seemed to be gone. My theory was that the bite was so light that the board or the rod ripped the worm off the harness when the walleyes had it by the tail.I think tattle flags were the key to detecting bites and then let the fish have it for awhile before pulling! The bay is loaded with fish and if you do the right things you will have a great day on the water! TRAP
Old 08-30-2000, 07:02 AM
EYESON

Trap when I said our crawlers disappeared I didn't mean from fish I ment from stupidity. We put our cooler in the splash well while we were getting ready on sunday and forgot about it when we took off and when we turned north out of sturgeon to go up to the islands we looked back to see our cooler laying sideways and the top open and all our bait gone. It truly felt like someone kicked us in the stomach. I can saw I don't think we will ever do that again.
Old 08-30-2000, 07:00 PM
Grover

My dad and I went out for 3 hours on Sunday afternoon. Caught a few smallies and one 9 pound walleye by Snake Island. The smallies were slamming Reef Runners and the walleye came on a #9 perch colored shad rap. --Keri