Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Lss2 - Page 3 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Electronics

Old 03-11-2012, 11:59 AM
rebates should be the 1st clue

Anyone that bought an LSS module prior to the rebates being offered, has no leg to stand on as far as being PO'd. You made an educated decision to purchase the unit and are getting exactly what you ordered. The problem lies with Lowrances marketing department that introduces rebates to get the old stuff off the shelf, prior to releasing newer models.

What should happen, is that new release information should be posted that its coming down the pipe, and then offer the rebates on the surplus equipment, so a buyer could make an educated decision into whether buying rebated old technology, or waiting for the newest and greatest introduction, instead of being coerced into thinking they were getter the best of the best with a rebate that would at least be state of the art for more than a month. The rebates could be deepened as the interest in the older product waned.

I wonder how many people would still be buying rebated LSS1s, if the LSS2 information hadnt leaked out. Im guessing there wouldve been lots more PO'd L customers downb teh road if the leak hadnt occurred.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 12:35 PM
Wallhanger

Well i got a boat on order and i have a brand new lss1 in the box, I am excited for the lss2 to come and i will be purchasing it asap. As for the lss1 this is the way technology works, Example iphones, i got a I phone 3 and a month later the I 4 came out, Owell if you dont like it switch brands and suck if up, We all take losses if you want the best, Other wise run you old stuff, Just like trading in veichles when to you buy new you take a hit. Nothing wrong with older stuff, Do you go buy every new reel that comes out, NO you use your old one till its weak.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish-er-man View Post
I did say I didn't know when it came out. If its been two years yes you guys are right....TUFF. Nate you know what was wrong with the first unit because I have posted the info before. If you like yours thats great. I'm just saying this 2nd model never should of been and you the consumer should speak out about it. If your idea of embarrassing technology is with your wallet then Lowrance must be the company for you. I don't remember HB coming out with a new SI after 2 years. There technology was there first so I don't think Lowrance has an excuse for this one. If it was as simple as a update I wouldn't think it was a big deal but when you have to remove equipment and install new stuff??? Be honest with yourself and the products you buy. Don't put them on a pedestal. If you guys don't want to call and complain thats your choice but don't let people affiliated with Lowrance post on here and change your mind.
Think this one has been beat to death.
Fish, post links to the info you are referring to. I havn't had any issues with my LSS1 unit, but I'd like to read what you experience was because I haven't read it in the past.

Again, you act like the unit isn't a great unit. It puts out images just as good if not better than the birds.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyNate https://www.walleyecentral.com/forums...s/viewpost.gif
A couple comments... If you have issues doing an update on your locator then you shouldn't own this high tech of a locator in the first place. I'm guessing you probably didn't notice any issues in the first place otherwise you would be excited for the update.

Second who said anything about the LSS1 not working correctly? I've had one on my boat the last two seasons and it has worked great. Does that mean they cannot improve on things... no. I love technilogical advancement and embrace it.

Just a guess but I'm betting you arn't using the same phone you had two years ago are you? Why did you upgrade? Cause the technology is so much better/faster.

Honestly it doesn't take that long to do the update. Simple download to an SD card and throw it in your unit. Turn it on and bingo! The LSS1 and HDS units are still great units even though there are new ones out.

Instead of *****ing about updates spend your time fishing instead... Nobody said you had to update your unit.

I don't remember saying anything like this. I don't have problems with updates. Wow!! What I'm getting at is I think they put it out premature and should of worked there bugs out better first. Maybe you should read the post and not read into the post. I actually like Lowrance and think they have a nice product. They just like to stick it to your pocket book a little more. Here is the link it will speak for itself and enjoy using your tape.

http://www.drdepth.se/rdfour.php?l=gb

Here's the link and previous post. Did the lakes open up yet??? I'm ready to go fishing with Nate se we can stop talking about this.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:38 PM
rebater

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I talked to pro today after reading first post.
His first response was "what the h....". He told me nobody was suppose to know about the LSS-2. He did tell me 3 things:

1. The lss-2 would be available to public in July/August.
2. The transducer will be 2"'s bigger.
3. It will have new module.

He did sound like it would be clearer picture and that he was hoping to have one on his boat by end of month.

Take all this for what it is worth.

What about the LSS original box? Will that work with the new LSS2 transducer module, If so, that could be the saving grace for the guys that bought into the rebate program.. that they could actually just buy the new transducer, and not need to buy a whole new Structure Scan system...

Originally slated for July/ August availability ... Now that it is leaked, its orderable now with a April delivery.. Ummm, yea..
Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Wallhanger

Let me try this logic on for size....

Microsoft "owes" me a copy of Windows 7 because Vista has some bugs that should have been "fixed".

Apple "owes" me an iPhone 5 because it will be faster and have a better screen than the 4S that I bought in January.

Volkswagen "owes" me a 2013 CC because they have LED tail lights that they "should have" put in my 2011.

Intel "owes" me a new processor because they had the technology to release a faster one and "should have" let me know that.

My state that is 2 billion $$ in debt "owes" me health care benefits and a huge pension because.........

-Eli
Old 03-12-2012, 05:45 PM
Wallhanger

TJELI

And Henry Ford should should send you a brand new Continental for coming out with the Model T then having the gall to bring out new versions.

Old 03-12-2012, 08:33 PM
Slot Fish

Quote:
Quote:

I actually like Lowrance and think they have a nice product. They just like to stick it to your pocket book a little more. Here is the link it will speak for itself and enjoy using your tape.

http://www.drdepth.se/rdfour.php?l=gb
So let me get this straight. You read one opinion on the Internet and call it fact? One screenshot is all it took to convince you the LSS1 is crap? Do you believe everything you read on the intranet?

I'd call that user error or setup issues because my sides can shots don't show the lines like they describe while downscan & sidescan are on. I've seen a lot of other users shots and don't see the issues either.

You like lowrance yet you don't own one but you would like to, unfortunatley you cannot afford one... I see where you are going with this.... What was your main point again?
Old 03-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyNate View Post
So let me get this straight. You read one opinion on the Internet and call it fact? One screenshot is all it took to convince you the LSS1 is crap? Do you believe everything you read on the intranet?

You like lowrance yet you don't own one but you would like to, unfortunatley you cannot afford one... I see where you are going with this.... What was your main point again?

I simply shared some info with you. If the LSS1 was perfect there would not be a 2nd model correct? I did not say I wanted to own a Lowrance and I never said I couldn't afford one. Send your anger at your product and not me. Time to grow up Nate. If you don't agree and think the LSS-1 is perfect stop reading up on the LSS-2. I'm sure you will twist this post into something that its not also. You seem to be really good at that.

Think I'll sit back and wait for the intelligence to stream from your finger tips.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:16 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:

If the LSS1 was perfect there would not be a 2nd model correct?
Did you seriously just type this?

This is a ridiculous statement on so many levels.

-Eli