Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Was at the dealership talking engines yesterday... - Page 4 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Motors and Props

Old 03-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Wallhanger

I didn't push it due to escalating labor prices in just about every trade at the time due to the higher cost of money (uh profits). They had it posted when I delivered the boat that their labor rates had increased. The service manager told me they were having to fight to cover their labor on warranty work. I guess I should have raised a stink about it, or gone somewhere else, but I was tired of fighting it. I haven't had any further issues that require dealer service that I can't do myself, so bump them all. When it comes time for new stuff, they'll have a different names on the side of it.
As for dealers, they are all bad that I've had the pleasure to deal with. I'm not naming names so I'll just say stay clear of the southeast corner of the champion state and all ranger dealers within a one hundred mile radius there of.
Maybe things have changed for the better now. I don't know. Hopefully, those that made it through the recent tough years have emerged better people, but somehow I doubt it. There's profit involved.
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2012, 11:19 AM
Keeper

Two of my buddies have suzukis, one has a 2008 175 hp on a skeeter, 48mph and has not had one single problem. The other has a 2010 115 hp on an alumacraft, 41 mph and has not had one problem.
My brother and I both own 06 200 hp e-tecs and fish alot, like 100 days a year for him and probably 50-60 for me. Pull tubers and skiers alot on non-fishing days and have not had one problem, knock on wood.
Another buddy of mine has a 2006 115 hp e-tec, and does not take care of his stuff at all and has not had a problem, he fishes alot also. Hope this helps, I would not be scared of either brands, and I might go to a suzuki on my next boat, they fly pretty good for 4-strokes, im impressed.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:19 AM
Minnow

While reading on pontoonforums.com a guy over there just had a new boat come in with the new mercury 150 4 stroke an it blew up during the sea trial something u may want to check out if your considering a new boat with that engine package.