Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Can I keep chest freezer outside? - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > General Discussion

Old 05-10-2006, 02:58 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Can I keep chest freezer outside?

Bring the Beer and Brat's and come on over...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2006, 10:03 PM
repairman

Freezers and refrigerators are not intended to be in a cold ambient temperature. The compressor oil gets too thick if left in the cold for too long without starting, breaking the fractional compressors used now. The refrigertors will not keep things frozen in the garage..all the thermostats look for is 38-40 degree's and they will not run enough to keep freezer temps. Some of the old units with large compressors are more forgiving but i wouldn't try it. Also..if you put locks on the freezer..be careful where you put screws for a lock. The refrigerant lines are directly under the outer skin.
Old 05-11-2006, 06:59 AM
18fisher unlogged

Go and buy a crankcase heater for the compressor. They are easy to install. Usually just like a big band clamp and the hook right up to the existing power supply, this keeps the compressor warm and will eliminate a lot of problems for you down the road.