Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Springer Spaniel - Page 2 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Hunting Central > Hunting Dogs and dogs in general

Old 04-22-2013, 05:24 PM
Slot Fish

Pine Shadows is known to have some of the best hunting Springers in the midwest. They are not cheap but you get what you pay for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2013, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

"The good breeders meet and interview you on their property to see how the dogs react to you and to see if "you are worthy"..... before they will sell you a dog."

I've ran into some of these so called "good breeders". Wack jobs is a better description.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:01 PM
Wallhanger

LOL..Actually... I can understand it.
The ones I dealt with just don't want their dogs going to some whack job.

Last edited by T Mac; 05-05-2013 at 02:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2013, 09:10 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuki View Post
"The good breeders meet and interview you on their property to see how the dogs react to you and to see if "you are worthy"..... before they will sell you a dog."

I've ran into some of these so called "good breeders". Wack jobs is a better description.
Don't lump all serious breeders in with the few you have met. We make all buyers come to our home to meet with us and the dogs. Those traveling a long distance kmow in advance that there is a risk of not getting a puppy. Most are willing to make an advance trip to meet us and our dogs. That risk goes both ways. We do our best to make sure the puppy and family are a good fit.
Old 06-27-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Mac View Post
You are probably aware there are two breeds of Springers. "Bench" ...or "Show" dogs...and "
Fieldbred"
With kids...and if you hunt, you want "Fieldbred" They are smaller (35lbs or so) , have a lot less hair, and are bred to hunt.
We have been blessed to own seven of them over the past 30 years....usually two at a time.
They are extremely loving, energetic, fun, loyal, intelligent and entertaining.
Here are some good websites:
www.gundogbreeders.com
www.essft.com

Minnesota has some excellent breeders.
I love these dogs!

Photos of our current pair... "Willie" (Blk &White, female) and "Chase" (Liver & White male)

Great pics T-Mac! I have had four over my life and lost the last one, calico, three years ago. She was a field bred, smaller in size and the first one that shared our house with us. My wife trained her to stay on the hard surfaced floors and she became the favorite of the kids in the neighborhood. One even "borrowed" her for her senior class pictures as they had become best of friends.. Haven't had the courage to replace her as she was one of a kind.....your photos bring back memories.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:28 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrym View Post
Great pics T-Mac! I have had four over my life and lost the last one, calico, three years ago. She was a field bred, smaller in size and the first one that shared our house with us. My wife trained her to stay on the hard surfaced floors and she became the favorite of the kids in the neighborhood. One even "borrowed" her for her senior class pictures as they had become best of friends.. Haven't had the courage to replace her as she was one of a kind.....your photos bring back memories.
Cool... Yep... little Field bred Springers have a super special place in my heart.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:11 AM
Slot Fish

I watched this tread and finally registered. I'm on my third Pine Shadows dog. Sophie really knows her dogs and will help select one from a litter that will fit your needs. Mine hunt, fish and generally are part of our family. My current two are just the kids with fur!
Old 03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
Keeper

English Springer or Welsh Springer. IMO the Welsh are a little more robust and the few I've been around were very birdy, good retrievers and even decent duck dogs.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:37 PM
Minnow

2x for Pine Shadows. The Haglin's are very profesional.
Or Light House Kennel in WI. Think they have pups on the ground now.
I have 8 pups right now sorry all spoken for. I have been in the spaniel game for some time, and hunt my dogs. If I can help anyway let me know.
Terrova 112
Hummingbird
4 ESS
Old 03-27-2014, 11:18 AM
Minnow

Default Springer puppy

I have a 9 month old springer that I would like to sell. He is liver and White. Great dog. He is potty trained also kennel, hup, stay, come and down commands. We have had him to 2 obedience classes. He has retrived dead pigeons but has not been on live birds or shot over. We socialized him with kids, walks, stores, car rides. His parents were both from Pine Shadows. He has been fixed and microchipped also all first year shots.
I am taking a new job and will not have time to train him for
hunting. He is bred for hunting so we would like to sell him to someone
that will hunt him but also have him as a member of the family. We are located in Minnesota in the Metro area.