Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Motor hours question - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 03-11-2011, 02:50 PM
Keeper

Default Motor hours question

I am looking at a used crestliner that has a 2006 225etec with 290 hours on it. What is to be expected with a motor that is a 2006 & 290 hours, is that a lot or normal time on it?

What should I expect in ways of repairs or maintenance over the next few years?

Thanks
JT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2011, 03:32 PM
Keeper

That is not alot of hours for a 5 year old motor. Most people with average use throughout a season should expect 50-100 hours of run time. So with that motor having 290 hours it is not over the top. What I would like to see is a print out of the hours in RPM's. If the motor was run full out for a majority of its 290 hours than I would be concerned. Have the owner provide you with this info if he can. As far as maintenance make sure it has been maintained each fall as per manufactures requirements also you may be in need of replacing the impeller soon as well if not already done recently.
Old 03-12-2011, 10:26 AM
Wallhanger

Yes get a print-out from the dealer and / or the serial #'s from the motor. I believe that with the serial numbers you could post them at www.etecownersgroup.com and the dealers there can tell you what, if any, work has been done to the motor.

Quote from Rob Olson
Delta Waterfowl President