Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Has anyone been to Gods River Lodge or Gods lake - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Canada Eh? > Canada

Old 02-18-2012, 11:19 AM
Minnow

Default Has anyone been to Gods River Lodge or Gods lake

Looking at taking my son on a fishing trip for Big Northern and Lake Trout. Talked to the marketing guy for Gods River Lodge at the All Canada Show. Looks like a great trip,but was wondering if anyone has been there or has any other suggestions of where to go?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2012, 12:17 PM
Wallhanger

Never been to the lodge or specifically that lake. Years ago I was on a canoe trip in that area and about 40 miles south of there. I have never heard anything but amazing things about that lodge and system. You should have an incredible time. If you need a (2nd) son for the trip, I am all in

I think that place/lake has been mentioned on here. Try to hit the search function for some more insight, if you haven't already.
Old 02-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Keeper

I have not stayed at Gods River Lodge however I have fished Gods River a number of times (for brook trout), in 2005. I have met James who ran the lodge and he was very friendly.

Gods Lake and Gods River offer huge walleye, northern pike, lake trout, brook trout, and whitefish. Mid-June is a good time to go. Overall, a good destination for multi-species. There are a number of other lodges on Gods Lake as well. I didn't fish for pike, but I believe this lodge (at least used to but can't speak for currently) offered a fly out to a lake (Semmons Lake) that gives you the opportunity to catch many trophy pike a day. Guests I spoke to caught many large pike there.

Other lakes in the area known for big pike would include Knee and Utik. In fact, that whole area (north eastern Manitoba) is known for fly-in lodges with big pike.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement