Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
Pro guide 2075/ verado 200 trim issue - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Boats, Motors, Electronics and Trailers > Boats

Old 11-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Minnow

Question Pro guide 2075/ verado 200 trim issue

Hey folks! Just looking for some advice.
I have a 2015 pro guide 2075 with a 200 verado big tiller. I'm having a problem getting the boat to trim out properly to get the top performance. As it is, at full throttle and full trim I still have 2/3 of the hull in the water and it makes for a pretty wet ride. Top speed has been about 47 mph which is a lot slower than the anticipated 52-55 and the fuel consumption is a good 30% higher than my 2013 pro guide 2010. .
Even at half throttle and full trim up I can't get the boat to porpoise at all.
I'm wondering if it's an issue stemming from the tilt limiter switch on the verado?
I've been told that I may have to lower the engine in the transom mounts and bypass the trim limiter I order to get more leg in the water to accommodate higher degrees of trim.

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
Hey folks! Just looking for some advice.
I have a 2015 pro guide 2075 with a 200 verado big tiller. I'm having a problem getting the boat to trim out properly to get the top performance. As it is, at full throttle and full trim I still have 2/3 of the hull in the water and it makes for a pretty wet ride. Top speed has been about 47 mph which is a lot slower than the anticipated 52-55 and the fuel consumption is a good 30% higher than my 2013 pro guide 2010. .
Even at half throttle and full trim up I can't get the boat to porpoise at all.
I'm wondering if it's an issue stemming from the tilt limiter switch on the verado?
I've been told that I may have to lower the engine in the transom mounts and bypass the trim limiter I order to get more leg in the water to accommodate higher degrees of trim.

Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!

Cheers!
Might just be the prop, too.
What prop are you running?
Sounds like no bow lift....?
Old 11-19-2015, 09:49 PM
Minnow

Running a 19pitch Stainless merc tempest pro.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2015, 10:33 PM
Keeper

That's a pretty small wheel for a 200. What sort of rpm's are you seeing at wot? I'd imagine you're bouncing against the rev limiter?
Old 11-20-2015, 05:09 AM
Minnow

Hmmm... It's the identical prop that was on my other 200. Seemed to run flawlessly on that rig. Same prop that most guys I know of are using on the same set up. The boat has a great hole shot, it just doesn't want to get that hull out of the water, where on my 2013 that boat would trim out perfectly with same engine and prop.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:06 AM
Keeper

Of course it has great hole shot, you've got a 200 horse motor spinning a 19 pitch prop! It's basically set up like a ski boat.

Just for reference, both my Xpress X-19 bass boat with a Yamaha 200 V-Max and my walleye boat, a Crestliner 192 with a Yamaha F200 four stroke turn 25 pitch props.

You're also running a 200 horse motor and you're running a prop 6 pitches smaller in size? I think you're propped wrong.
Old 11-20-2015, 06:22 AM
Minnow

Alright, i'll try it! Just seems weird that the identical prop would be perfect on the same engine on virtually the same boat.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 11-20-2015, 06:35 AM
Wallhanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin View Post
Alright, i'll try it! Just seems weird that the identical prop would be perfect on the same engine on virtually the same boat.

Thanks for the tip!
Run the Mercury prop app on their website. I don't believe the prop is wrong. I run a 300 Verado on a 21 pitch prop. The pitch may not be your issue. It may be a loading problem. I know it is late in the season but did the boat behave the same way before all your gear got added?
Old 11-20-2015, 06:49 AM
Minnow

I just picked the boat up a couple weeks ago, but yes my initial experience was the same. The bow attitude was really low and lots of hull drag. Probably why the fuel consumption was so much higher than anticipated. I didn't have too much gear on the rig. Full rod and tackle storage but beyond that not much more and certainly no more than I had on my 2013, infact there would be less than on the other boat.
Old 11-20-2015, 07:04 AM
Minnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellpastcold View Post
Run the Mercury prop app on their website. I don't believe the prop is wrong. I run a 300 Verado on a 21 pitch prop. The pitch may not be your issue. It may be a loading problem. I know it is late in the season but did the boat behave the same way before all your gear got added?
I just ran it through the merc prop app and it says that the current 19pitch tempest plus is right in the zone.

Tags
big tiller , pro guide , trim , verado