Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
PWT Payout - Page 5 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Old 07-06-2008, 10:37 AM
Minnow

Default RE: PWT Payout

That would be pure speculation and innuendo. That would also NOT be in the best interest of tournament fishermen in the long run.

Competition is good for all of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Charter Member

A lot of competition wouldn't necessarily be good in this economic environment. With two major pro circuits, both would probably survive. Three major pro circuits? Possibly only one would survive. If AIM is really not even considering buying the PWT, as you say, then they are not doing due diligence in their business endeavor.

I would think they are looking very hard at that as one of the viable options. At least they should be or should have.
Old 07-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Deep Throat 2

Would you buy a used and possibly outdated 1999 Chevy pick up for $85,000.00? I doubt it.
I also suspect if the price and terms had been right the PWT would have been bought a long time ago and not by AIM.
My gut feeling is that AIM is working hard towards accomplishing their original goals. Give them time.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
jzme

I've fished a few PWT's and FLW's on the am side. While I have had a few that were towards the bottom of the standing (and you could easily see why), I learn something new from each and every one of them. That's why I fished them. Where else can you pay $375 and have three experienced fisherman take you to there BEST spots each day? For sure not from any guide.

As for AIM, I guess I don't quite understand the difference between a business owning a circuit and some actual anglers. In both cases someone's invested money and wants a return on their investment. So, while it may sound good, isn't it just another group of people wanting to make money off of a tourney? In one case it's the stockholders of a corporation and in the other the fisherman owners. In one case you have an unbiased corp that owes none of the anglers anything making decisions. In the other you have a few owners that are also fishing it making the decisions. The idea sounds good, but are they really going to make things better?

I don't know the people who run any of these or the investors in AIM. I'm just a person who owns a few businesses who likes to fish and when I step back and take a look at this I wonder what the difference really is.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:44 PM
jzme

I've fished a few PWT's and FLW's on the am side. While I have had a few that were towards the bottom of the standing (and you could easily see why), I learn something new from each and every one of them. That's why I fished them. Where else can you pay $375 and have three experienced fisherman take you to there BEST spots each day? For sure not from any guide.

As for AIM, I guess I don't quite understand the difference between a business owning a circuit and some actual anglers. In both cases someone's invested money and wants a return on their investment. So, while it may sound good, isn't it just another group of people wanting to make money off of a tourney? In one case it's the stockholders of a corporation and in the other the fisherman owners. In one case you have an unbiased corp that owes none of the anglers anything making decisions. In the other you have a few owners that are also fishing it making the decisions. The idea sounds good, but are they really going to make things better?

I don't know the people who run any of these or the investors in AIM. I'm just a person who owns a few businesses who likes to fish and when I step back and take a look at this I wonder what the difference really is.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 AM
Wallhanger

Mmjimcarp

Here Here.
Couln't possible said better.
Some dont' get it or don't want to.

"Looney Tunes"
><<<<*>
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Charter Member

You appear to be stating two things. One that the PWT is old and used up and way overpriced. Second that the PWT is and has been for sale and you have seen the numbers and it is overpriced, that's why no one has bought it. How would you know these things?