Home   |  Message Board   |  Information   |  Classifieds   |  Features   |  Video  |  Boat Reviews  |  Boat DIY
FLW - Co's show some money!! - Page 8 - Walleye Message Central
Walleye Message Central

Go Back   Walleye Message Central > Walleye Message Central > Tournament Message Board

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Wallhanger

Default RE: Thank You

>Sportdog, out of curiosity, you said you though about being a
>co this year, have you ever even fished one of the big pro/am
>circuit's tourney's, PWT or FLW. Judging based on your
>opinions I would doubt you have so I'm questioning how much
>angler vs spectator you really have in you and where you come
>up with your line of thinking. If the system was so flawed as
>it is in your opinion and there was a better way don’t you
>think they would try and tweak the system a little bit to make
>it better. The way I see it, all tourney’s have some small
>issues and let’s be honest here, nothing is perfect nor is
>anyone claiming that nor is everyone going to agree on the
>best way, I think all the circuits put on the best and fairest
>show that they can and it’s working pretty good given the
>state of the walleye fishing world.
My experience level on the national Pro/Am level does not keep me from using my brain to digest material that I have read on this board for over five years, much of it by both tournament Pro's who don't hide who they are and many co-anglers who offer up their experience on the tournament trail. I don't have to be on the football field to know a first down, touchdown, offsides etc. etc. I don't have to be a weatherman to know that it's raining! I have also had Pro's e-mail me and agree with many of my points. I have had one Pro even e-mail me to assure me that he was not thrilled with the system but that's what he is confronted with. You need to go over to the General Discussion Board on this site and tell those boys that complain about the government that they shouldn't do that because you think that nothing is perfect and the government has "tweaked the system a little bit to make it better" Have you read the threads on this board for any length of time? There is plenty of discussion on the shortcomings of Pro/Am events. On a personal note, it doesn't cost me a dime how good or how bad these circuits are. I enjoy discussing issues that involve fishing and if it weren't for people like me there would not be much involvement on the internet. Whether you like it or not is of no consequence to me. You have that right and I have the right to engage on this board within the boundries that the moderators will allow.:smokin: Why don't you register or use your registered name?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Mike K unlogged

Default RE: FLW - Co's show some money!!

This is a great thread actually - from both sides and shows the true confusion and tension created by "tipping", "sharing expense", "showing gratitude" or whatever you want to call it- again, from both sides.

What I don't think adds any value to the thread and appears to add the most tension is/are the comments from the guys who have not been on either side as a Pro or Co.

Without any "skin" in the game, your comments should fall away to the sidelines where you spend your time....watching.

That said, the entire thread reminds me of an old saying:

"It is a far, far better thing to keep your mouth shut, say nothing and let the world 'THINK' you are an idiot or don't know, than it is to open your mouth and 'PROVE' it!"

:)Have a nice Day!!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:44 PM
PVerdura

Sportdog,
What's the difference between letting a Co-Angler select anything from your tackle box and asking him/her outright, "Do you see anything in my tackle box that worked for you on Day 1 or Day 2?" They're the same thing, cheating.
As far as integrity goes, its an individual thing. Just because you perceive Pros teaming-up doesn't make them cheaters. If you got an issue with that, be a better person and work alone; don't stoop to their level of work ethics. Think of it as the bar has been raised a bit higher, since you have to go up against all those teams by yourself. Only you as a Pro can change the quality of the circuit by the actions you take. So choose wisely and create a "following" for us Co-Anglers by fishing with professionalism and integrity. I'll give you a chance even now. State your real name when you reply to my note.
Phil Verdura
(Co-Angler)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-16-2008, 05:03 PM
B Finck

I would agree with what a class act Bill Leonards is and the group that he fishes with. I had the privledge of fishing with Greg and Tom and gettin to know Scott and Bill at Escanaba Michigan last year what a great time. These guys are true professionals and are good ambassadors for the walleye fishing world and we could all learn alot from this group of fishermen.

Brandon Finck
Old 05-16-2008, 05:32 PM
Geo R

no, I comprehend just fine

you are the one that needs to bone up on his writing skills my friend.
Old 05-16-2008, 06:56 PM
Sportdog unlogged

>no, I comprehend just fine
>
>you are the one that needs to bone up on his writing skills my
>friend.
The writing skills that I am using are doing a very good job of getting your blood pumping because you cannot engage with any substance. I'm having a great time. Stick to the facts if you can Alice!:Wedgie: I'll be out of town fishing for the weekend so we'll have to start again on Monday. Have a great weekend. I know I will!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Sportdog unlogged

Very good post. I don't agree with it, but well thought out and you back up your point. I really don't see any difference in information sharing between your "team" in the motel or over dinner at night or sharing information on the water with a co-angler. As a matter of fact it might help negate some of the advantage that team sharing has brought to the sport. As far as using my real name I'll pass on that. On this board my handle is who I am and that's plenty more than most of the guys that I engage with. There are some guys on here that I have had some heated discussions with and with all the nut cases out there I don't want to be looking over my shoulder with my hand on my CCW. The moderators know my name as I have e-mailed back and forth many times and so do a couple of guys that I've bought fishing tackle from. That's enough for my comfort level. I've also met a few guys on WC in person but it's at my choosing and the fact that I have never engaged in a discussion with you before, and you are not registered I'm going to pass on the real name thing. Maybe down the road if you don't mind.:popcorn: Is the issues you have with me personal? If that is the case I won't be responding to your posts. You make the call. I'll be gone for the weekend fishing but I'll be back here lurking on Monday. Have a great weekend!
Old 05-16-2008, 07:55 PM
Sportdog unlogged

>
>What I don't think adds any value to the thread and appears to
>add the most tension is/are the comments from the guys who
>have not been on either side as a Pro or Co.
>
>Without any "skin" in the game, your comments should fall away
>to the sidelines where you spend your time....watching.
>
>That said, the entire thread reminds me of an old saying:
>
>"It is a far, far better thing to keep your mouth shut, say
>nothing and let the world 'THINK' you are an idiot or don't
>know, than it is to open your mouth and 'PROVE' it!"
>

Nice line. I used it once myself and got an e-mail from one of the moderators on how offensive it was to him. I like it. So WHY are you opening your mouth. You added nothing to the thread except to be judgemental of others. Do you think I really care what you think? Not a bit. Put some substance in your post or continue to take pot shots from the peanut gallery. The good part about it is that it got you upset and got the blood pumping. I should send you a bill or you should at least thank me for the fun. See you Monday, I'm going fishing for the weekend. Maybe you should too. You might be able to think of something to post besides being the site critic.

:stirthepot: :fishhit:
Old 05-16-2008, 08:23 PM
Wallhanger

Maybe the folks that haven't fished as a co-angler or an amateur are the ones who can be the LEAST judgemental, simply because they have no preconceived notion on which to base their statements?

If you've never eaten spinich, how would you know if it tastes good or bad?
Old 05-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator

Default Thread is being Locked

This thread is being locked for the following reasons:

1. It's run its course,and nothing new is being said.

2. Users are no longer playing nice.

3. Several responses between users have made it a hostile enviorment.

Juls
Closed Thread